Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by dirtyleppa »

welcome man, thats a tidy wee zed you got there
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Hey Datto Tuners!

Im Darren form The rich calypso island of Trinidad and Tobago.Had my Datsun 1200 sedan form back in 1984.oh yeah..
As you can see my plates are PP.newest plates are currenty PCW So thats PCW all the way back To PP,Truly an Old school :D Not much 1200's left so im the only popular 1200 on the road today :)

All orginal. Pic of what it looks like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j.dizzle

Post by c.j.dizzle »

ok
hey im chris im 23 im a bartender in dunedin,ive got a b310 sedan with a z18et motor in it standard computer,bigger turbo front mount etc been an on going project for prob last 4 years its all running sweet just needs cert but after it sitting being about 95% fininshed for the last couple years/and losing my licence and wanting something to do ive decided to turn it back to the original engine setup a12 and work the motor,im going to be selling off peices fairly soon i have 3 motors 2 boxes 1 computer crossmembers engine and gearbox to suit setup and a driveshaft fuel pump etc so if anyone out there needs any peices just let me know,ive also upgraded the struts/brakes to r31 equipment as im running 16's with low pros but coulndt get enough clearance with the old struts.

for the conversion back to stock gear im looking for

engine crossmember
4spd box
driveshaft

ive already got a motor lined up but if anyone could help with finding the other pieces would be much appreciated
obviously the closer the better due to shipping but will consider anything at this stage i know how rare parts are becoming
thanks
niccy
Datsun Driver

Post by niccy »

hey

some of you already know me :)
i'm nicole or niccy, 20 and have my first wee datto, p510 :) absoultly love the beast!

I have been around cars my whole life, my dad has a lot of hot rods which has been a huge influence on me, I am covered in tattoos and LOVE the 50s!!!

not sure whatelse to say lol :beer:

Datsun P510 - [ MIS 510 ] - Z18eT

Datsun GB120 Roadstar Ute - Here! - A15, 5 Spd *FOR SALE*
LILLOZ

Post by LILLOZ »

Hi All,

I’m Loryn (Loz), living in Wellington, originally from Auckland.

I have a keen interest in cars and the scene and have done for some time now. Dad is a panel beater so grew up around cars and have assisted in many a late night show prep sessions in addition to crewing for show and drag teams.

My interest in the Datsun has been around since I learnt to drive. I was put in a 1973 Datsun 1200 Ute on Norfolk Island and taught to drive; this is where the love affair began.

Reason for joining the forum is that I am finally making a dream a reality and need all the advice I can get. I recently purchase a Datsun A12 engine and my plan is to do a complete re build.

I purchased the engine last week, unknown condition – just the way I wanted it, and I am in the throws of reading as much material and taking tutorials from my partner and flat mate in preparation for its arrival this weekend.

The plan is to restore her to originally glory, adding a few touches of my own and a few ‘additions’ to make her a little faster – tips and tricks welcome : )
I’m starting with an engine as I would like to not only have a handle and a complete understanding on my entire project, but to also honestly say that I have done it all myself.

I will continue my hunt for a suitable shell, I would ultimately love a Ute circa 72 – 80 so if anyone has a rolling body that are interested in selling, send me a private message!

I am so excited to get under way, and will share my progress with you all, and looking forward to picking likeminded brains on what will work and what won’t. My partner owns a custom fabrication company http://www.bams.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and my flatmate is a tuner for STM based in Wellington, so it is fair to say most nightly and weekend banter is vehicle based and so the ‘to do’ lists and ‘ideas showers’ are already in progress.

So incredibly excited to get this project under way, and look forward to ideas and advice a plenty!

Thanks,
Loz :D
410 1965 Bluebird
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Welcome LOZ!
I like your thinking. Lucky your dad being a beater. The body work is the hard part of building a car.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Welcome Loz. Love the enthusiasm, sounds like you are in the right place!
There are many on here crazy about A series, and it has been nice to note a swing back to them, after years of people replacing them with 'Z's, 'CA's, 'FJ's and 'SR's (And even the 4age and Ro-tang)
The one comment I would make is check which A12 you have. Early 1200s etc had a 'front Dizzy' engine, with engine mounts further forward on the block and alternator mounted low on the Passengers side. (these won't bolt straight into a Ute) Later on 120Ys, Sunny's and the beloved 1200 Ute had a 'Mid Dizzy' engine with the Alternator up high on the Drivers side.
All the best with the project, I will follow with interest.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Toymad

Post by Toymad »

Hey people

Quite a few of the chch boys already know me as I have attended a couple of club runs/meetings/parties in the past, But now iv finally ditched the toyotas and brought my 1st datsun 8-)

My name is Brad and the car of choice is a 1971 P510 in cream with a z18et, I have to say im in love with it and wont be looking back

I look forward to the hamner run and meeting the rest of you
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

good to see your signed up Brad! Such a pining Datsun youve got there. Hanmer cruise is gonna be rad