1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Sell stuff
Spanners

Re: 1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Post by Spanners »

I think the cars gone its just been withdrawn

Give you a quick run down though

For starters the holes you see are bigger than they look. The rust holes were all bogged up and its just where the owner has picked at it theres holes now. the rust goes all the way through to the interior. bottom of rear quarters were non existent almost. the left hand side appeared that that bog had broken off the bottom and they pop riveted it back on. sills were full of bog, you can imagine whats under that. rear quarters sounded thick as (of bog). I put my hand through a part of the fire wall. the boot floor is pretty much unsavable (sand blast and shes gone). in the corners of the rear window was no metal left just rust and bog. Underside of the car was just brown with rust. some deep stuff in the important bits but didnt have a scratch to see how bad it was. And to be honest i stopped looking too hard after that. Had a quick look at the floor pans they appeared solid.
The car was repaired and painted homejob style and then stored outside without a cover for years so you can imagine what its like. I told him Im not the kind of guy that talks a car down to get a cheaper price, but there was no way i would have paid anywhere near what he was asking. 3 figures like the guy said before is close.
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

hi there,
i checked the floors,its got rust.the guy has put brand new floor mat on it.i cant figure that out...maybe we cant see the rust.theres not a single panel on that car which is rust free plus missing badges,chrome pieces etc.
to me it looks like it was sitting on a paddock or some kinda place like that.to be honest i have never seen a rust datsun like that.the 240k which was on the forum for sale few weeks ago for 6k was a steal i guess compaired to this one in auck.to some extend i agree with spanner,this car will never see the road again.i also told the owner that its got metal cancer which is far too gone and it can be a good donor car.
cheers
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Re: Re: 1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Post by datsunboy »

Spanners wrote:Would you happen to know how many C10s are lurking in NZ? Thanks bud
There are 2 C10s in nz that we know of.....not sure how many C110s tho

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Btw just came to my mind.i know a guy from pt.chev in auck who is doing up his 240k c110.once its done i will get him to upload some pictures on the forum.he email me few shots last week which is still in panel shop.

cheers
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

thanks guys, i have a particular set of skills that allows me to fix rust that most people cant believe, but the missing badges and trim are the hard parts.ill be in Auckland in a couple of weeks, could someone pm me the sellers contact and ill see what the story is with regards to if its sold or not.
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

All rust is fixable. Its all about time and money at the end of the day init. Im just a fussy bastard and I cant not do a perfect job so everything ends up costly and time consuming for me. See some people blast the rust then just bog over it or glass over it. Yuck.

Guys number is 021 1277618 Names Byron I think.

Those C10s are they coupes or sedans?
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

The two C10s I know of in NZ one is a coupe, one is a sedan.

I wasn't meaning to sound like you didn't know about importing cars Spanners, I just believe you will never find a C110 on Yahoo for less than 20K and expect to get a good deal.

20K of C110 coupe in NZ would be 10 x the condition and value.

The average price these days in Japan seems to be around 1,500,000.00 yen or around $25,000 NZD.

Wal a 240K in mint condition would be more likely to be sold overseas as money paid for it will be a lot higher.

I have had an offer on mine as it sits (in pieces) for over 10K FYI, but that was from someone in NZ.

Most of the 240Ks in Oz have gone to the middle east, some to US of A.

I think 15K sale in NZ would not be unreasonable for a real tidy, going 240K, given 1600s fetch over 10K quite easily now.
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

I totaly agree with you, they are much more expensive there, were quite fortunate here in NZ. Although their selection there is vast. It all comes down to the love for the car. I mean 15 20k for a highly collectable is nothing. Compared to say a 67 mustang fastback in the same condition fetching $40k +++ And theyr easier to find than a skyline. Ill keep my eyes peeld for a C10/C110 in the mean time. Gives me time to finish my other projects :P
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

thanks for the info guys, time is something I have plenty of, was interested from the angle of my time, and skill = financial reward at the end, my gut feeling was to jump all over this, but I may have dragged the chain, I thought I would fix the rust, and maybe re-sell as a bare metal project for someone.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

or finish your 2 door