Re: Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by 2 doors »

:oops: I now have 4 , but one is a parts car lol
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Try 7 Wal :roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy: but i cant help it due to Datsunitis :?: - the disease usually stems from meeting other datsun owners and if they have more than 2, you can contract it by touching their datsun. :poke:

There is no cure :o at the moment you can only mask the issue by selling :thumbsdown: - but it will lay dormant until one day you'll meet another datsun owner with the same sickness and the process starts again.

Symptoms include - Helping other datsun members work on their Datsuns, Going to Datsun meets and Cruises, Working on Datsuns Consistently, Talking to random people that walk into your workplace about Datsuns etc.

This sickness is almost a plague in the Christchurch area with more and more Datsun sickies moving to the area. :beer:

hahaha :thumbsup:
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

brocky41 wrote:Try 7 Wal :roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy: but i cant help it due to Datsunitis :?: - the disease usually stems from meeting other datsun owners and if they have more than 2, you can contract it by touching their datsun. :poke:

There is no cure :o at the moment you can only mask the issue by selling :thumbsdown: - but it will lay dormant until one day you'll meet another datsun owner with the same sickness and the process starts again.

Symptoms include - Helping other datsun members work on their Datsuns, Going to Datsun meets and Cruises, Working on Datsuns Consistently, Talking to random people that walk into your workplace about Datsuns etc.

This sickness is almost a plague in the Christchurch area with more and more Datsun sickies moving to the area. :beer:

hahaha :thumbsup:

and if your as old as me symptons are still persistant, 22 yers after owning your first one
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

There is only a couple guys in know in the club with multiple Datsun ownership that have more than one on the road. Get at them and ask them the secret. Because personally i've never been better off since i sold my 521,330 coupe. Having one project car means one project gets all you spare money and all you spare time. And shit happens when that's the case. Rather than multiple ownership and you have several half finished projects.
A Datsun on the road is more than 6 off the road.
Do yourselves a favour and pick your favourite.
And Wal. Finish that 2 door! It needs to be on the road. Hell even with a A series
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Hi I'm Vaughan and I am a Datoholic, it has been 2 minutes since my last drive :) After 27 Years continuous ownership over 15 Datsuns and currently owning 5 I haven't found a cure and only aspire to be like Alan from Winton :P It takes perseverance Chris, but you'll get there soon, a Cherry and a 12ie, you'll be ahead of the game. And I didn't have all the other distractions you have to put up with.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeah your one of the guys im talking too. And Hayden .
Cherry aint mine matey. Aint done much to that car. Painted the engine bay. She works on her car. And brendan is the mechanic.
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That looks really clean.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

1 and half datto's for me

When i say half i mean basically you can remove everything from the steering column forward

1200 gaurds, bonnet, valance sedan grill all the chrome trims ca18det + gearbox, radiator intercooler ,clutch, lightweight flywheel , dash , gauges, steering box,links, struts etc.

One day i will pick up the other half (sedan or coupe) One day.

Have to build new workshop first
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Dattochriswagon wrote:There is only a couple guys in know in the club with multiple Datsun ownership that have more than one on the road. Get at them and ask them the secret. Because personally i've never been better off since i sold my 521,330 coupe. Having one project car means one project gets all you spare money and all you spare time. And shit happens when that's the case. Rather than multiple ownership and you have several half finished projects.
A Datsun on the road is more than 6 off the road.
Do yourselves a favour and pick your favourite.
And Wal. Finish that 2 door! It needs to be on the road. Hell even with a A series
omg, I have been pedaling an a series for over a week now, and seriously dont know why I put a ca in the 2 door, if id kept it a series, it probably would have been done ages ago, although for me family had to come first and formost, add to that we have finally made our last payment on our chateau dept, there might just be enough spare cash around to finish things.
the cedric is intended as a challange and to expand my skill base, plan is to use it to showcase my skills learn more skills, and advertise on here and oldschool for work, once its done it will be for sale.