Camber Plates info wtd Please

all your DIY needs
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Camber Plates info wtd Please

Post by joelbrown »

Iv jst lowered the ute and am gttn alotta guard rub up frnt, -iv rolled the lip of the guard but i still nd more room rnd there. A pair of adj camber tops shud be the go rite? wud help pull the top of the wheel in away from guard jst that lil bit more that i nd. SOOO what is the story with fitting these bad boys? Is it as easy as swapping them out for the orig top brg housing? What do they cost(new/snd hand)? Are they a multifit type thing? Anythying i nd to watch out 4? Any help wud be vry much appreciated thanks yall :)
1990 1200 ute
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Camber Plates info wtd Please

Post by 85_Z31 »

Camber Plates are a great idea for the adjustment and increased steering responce

a few things though.

*The Spherical bearings wear out pretty fast and need replaced often
* They are considered "adjustable suspension" and will fail a WOF for needing cert
*They will make the ride of your car a little bit harsher and louder.
*I wouldn't trust cheap chin ease made ones myself - but that's just me

And to try and answer your question

Yes you can get universal Multi fit types where you drill your own stud pattern to suit your car. something like this >
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 597656.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Depending on what car you have another Nissan camber plate may be a direct fit - it all depends on what car/ strut tops you currently use
http://datsport.com/suspension-front-ca ... rings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - pricey but top notch stuff

Easy to fit ?
Well if its directly for your model then yes it will just bolt up, but if you do use a universal style you need to make sure the bearing & top nut is the correct diameter and thread pitch. You may also need a small machined spacer so that the top spring hat doesn't bash into the camber plate.

There is lots of options, best bet is to speak to somebody with the same car who has already done it
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Camber Plates info wtd Please

Post by Bartman »

ONe other thing, they will raise your car up just a little too. On the 1200, the top hats poke through the top of the strut towers. Sincecamber tops wont, you'll gain a little ride height. (Nothing Mr Makita can't remedy I'm sure) But, depending on how slam you wanna go, you can run into clearance issues between the top of the strut tube, and the underside of the top hat.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............