FITTING 15' MAGS TO 1600

For all your general datsun ramblings
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

FITTING 15' MAGS TO 1600

Post by hsepwr »

I have been trying to fit 15' mage to my 1600 tonight. i have 1 set of 15x8 with 20p offset and another with 15x7 o offset. They both stick approx 30mm outside the guard on the front but the look like they will tuck under the rears nice.

I dont want to have to flare the guards on the front as then i will have to do the rears and i like 510s as they are. i dont really know what to do as there aye not many old school looking wheels with high offsets so a bit confused on what to do.

Anyone got any ideas on any other wheels or options etc. Below are a few pics so let me know your thoughts on them.

15x8 20p offset

15x7 0 offset

I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
illusive
Financial Member
aka: Chris

Re: FITTING 15' MAGS TO 1600

Post by illusive »

Sorry for the big picture, But these are 15x7 0 Which struts are you running?
The Fronte do stick out a wee bit but nothing major.
I've just put some 14x8.5 on the rear with abit of guard manipulation

hsepwr
Datsun Nutter

Post by hsepwr »

I'm running 910 struts but tried them on a standard 1600 also with standard struts and they stick out just as much, how many mm's do you reakon yours stick out?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Hey dude, how much clearance have you got wheel to strut tube - if you have 35mm with the 7 then you'll need a +30 wheel to tuck the front back under - eg 15" 4 stud skyline is around that. Then spacers on the rear to suit unless you can get either of those wheels in a stagger fitment. (you probably already know this though)

The Minilite style is probably your best chance and you probably know suppliers??

palmside do these wheels in various sizes

http://www.palmside.co.nz/product_pcid_16241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Hmm

Seems odd Craig what front hub are you using? Mine are a r31 51mm strut tube i think
I remember there were some spaced 30mm further in in the mounting point at the bottom when doing research on it

These are 15x8 +10 (i wouldnt think my camber plates make that much difference maybe 10-15mm at the most) I would have though +20 would of been perfect.
Had 15x8 0 offset on the rear also but there is a fair amount of massaging to the door jam to fit that
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I hate to say it, but it might be the bluebird struts.
I had a VERY crude measure up before. Placing a ruler across the hub face, and measuring to the strut at 200mm from the center of the hub, I found that the 910 strut stuck out further that the pair of 280ZX struts that I also measured.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Is it the hub or stub thats the offender Bart?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It's hard to say. I only had a quick look. After Craig rang me it piqued my interest.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter

Post by hsepwr »

Bartman wrote:I hate to say it, but it might be the bluebird struts.
I had a VERY crude measure up before. Placing a ruler across the hub face, and measuring to the strut at 200mm from the center of the hub, I found that the 910 strut stuck out further that the pair of 280ZX struts that I also measured.
My 910 struts cant be any different to shanes standard struts as they stuck outside the guards the same amount I might give you a call at some stage to quiz you on what you measured if thats sweet
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Are they factory lower arms and B/j's as i know the B110-B310 ball joints and arms can mix and match to make a longer (or shorter ) control arm - im unsure on 1600's though.

You could also do one of the below 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.