Putting ca in Datsun 1600,sump issues

all your DIY needs
BigRich

Putting ca in Datsun 1600,sump issues

Post by BigRich »

Just after abit of info,my Datto had a z18et in it,but cooked the head so have now pulled it out n in the process of fitting of fitting the ca.the sump on the z has the drain bung at the back of the motor closet to firewall and the ca has it at the front...what are my options? Was thinking of grafting the two sumps together so that the ca would then have the filler in the right place near the back,is this a wize idea?if anyone can give me some help that would be great.thanks heaps
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Re: Putting ca in Datsun 1600,sump issues

Post by datsunboy »

You can either modify your sump, AND pickup, or you can reverse your crossmember. So that the stock sump and pickup fit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Thanks,if I reverse the cross member is there anything else i need to mod?does anyone no if the box from my z18 will bolt to the ca,was gonna do a trail fit but can't do that till iv sorted my sump issues.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The mounting holes need to be slotted a bit, as the chassis rails aren't parallel. And you'll need to have the pockets which hold the lower arm pins cut out and reversed too.
As for your gearbox, I think you can swap a CA18 bellhousing onto your Z18 gearbox. Is your gearbox a long one or a shot one?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

You will need to get a custom say bar made up too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Have a look on the datsport site lots of good pics.http://www.datsport.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reversing the x member is the best idea you'll need a 20mm hole saw i think from memory or any engineering shop should be able to sort it for you. ive got a sway bar out of datsport that goes under the engine 24mm you cant see it at all just do all the research first and you'll be fine mate
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Righteo the hunt is on for parts,if anyone has a sway bar or cross membernthey wanna part with let me no.here I was thinking it might be a 5min job,always under estimate shit like this.built a 1000hp vg32 a few years ago a few big powered gts25ts n swore I'd never invest(waste) packets of cash again,looks like this might get abit outta hand.
Rich
illusive
Financial Member
aka: Chris

Post by illusive »

Pl510 (username) has a complete setup on here for sale for sr20 that might work for you
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Has anyone got any picks of a sump that's been modified to suit,been searching the net but havnt had much luck,thanks Rich
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It's pretty much "best pracitce" to reverse the Xmember.
Since you're local, there are lots of people here in the garden city who can show you what a reversed Xmember looks like.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............