Christmas Pilgrimage to the Mainland.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
R18dat
Regular

Re: Christmas Pilgrimage to the Mainland.

Post by R18dat »

Listening is not my strong point, could have been minisprint. It had standard cast pistons in it, you think if you would be making a race engine you would use forged pistons.
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Update, engine is back from engine builders ready to be put back together, flywheel and clutch is being balanced, head is back all fixed up and the new pistons have been machined. Also have a sweet new Datsun gear knob.
If anyone has in interest in buying the Work Equip 03's that are in the last few photo's Mag and turbo, Glenfeild branch are selling them on a discounted price, as they are not the offset I ordered. 15 x 7 20p.
DATY12
Regular
aka: Kev

Post by DATY12 »

Nice to see this old 1200 getting another tidy up, I remember seeing this humming around Timaru for the past couple of years and before that as Flauski said it was from Palmy.

Flauski I thought I recognised the drop tank too as being one of the Bidlakes 1200's from back in the day. Has had a few owners since then but still looks pretty much the same.

Look forward to seeing the new improved version once finished.
Datsuns I've owned
Datsun Sunny x 4
Datsun 1200 Sedan
Datsun 1200 Roadstar Ute
-Current
Datsun C20 Vanette
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Cheers Kev. I think you own my old 1200 Roadstar ute?
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Just got back for the engine builder, the motor was a race engine alright, running METHONAL 13.7compression!!
So getting head shim made up to lower compression to about 10.5. Things just got real tight on the deadline. I'd rather walk than drive the girlfriends shitbox.
Just brought the lowering blocks for the rear, sit that ass down 25mm or so. Removing the front springs Wedensday to get them reset to match the rear.
Will make up new rear fire wall to seal up the boot from the cabin.
Dam I hope It all goes before we make our trip to the Mainland.That's all I want for Christmas!!!
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

DATY12 wrote: Flauski I thought I recognised the drop tank too as being one of the Bidlakes 1200's from back in the day. Has had a few owners since then but still looks pretty much the same.
Yep it's Simon's old one,

great progress, good to see it went to a good home!
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Cheers Buzzy, do you or anyone else know any history good or bad on this little sedan? I think I can take it.
DATY12
Regular

Post by DATY12 »

Did you have one this colour too? might be a different Roadstar though mate, I have had this one for a little over 10 years and it was originally Beige before I did a ground up rebuild on it.

You need to buy a red wagon and red ute to complete your Datsun collection!
Lucky man having 2 models the same colour!
Datsuns I've owned
Datsun Sunny x 4
Datsun 1200 Sedan
Datsun 1200 Roadstar Ute
-Current
Datsun C20 Vanette
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Wow I really thought it was the same little blue ute I had, colour and whhels the same. If ou ever keen on selling let me know the girlfriends needs a Datsun of her own. As far as increasing the datsun 1200 family, all I need is a 1200 wagon, but would rather have a 240Z.
Hopefully I will have an update tonight on the little red Datto, putting the reset front springs in and fitting the new gear knob.
DATY12
Regular

Post by DATY12 »

Thats awesome mate, so do you have a ute tucked away too? I guess if you do it is also Red?

Thats a coincidence that our utes are the same, I scored the Hyashi rims 9 years ago for 70 bux and had them reconditioned, the guy offered me a second set for another $100 but I foolishly said no, still kicking myself now.

Sorry mate this utes a keeper, It has been a labour of love and I am keeping it for my boys to drive (they are currently 3 and 1) they both love it and my wife would never let me sell it even if I wanted to...she knows she would never hear the end of me regretting it.

I am keen to score a wagon to take the whole family cruising.

Glad you are tidying this up properly, I hope the original owner gets to see it on this sight.
Datsuns I've owned
Datsun Sunny x 4
Datsun 1200 Sedan
Datsun 1200 Roadstar Ute
-Current
Datsun C20 Vanette