Christmas Pilgrimage to the Mainland.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
R18dat
Regular

Re: Christmas Pilgrimage to the Mainland.

Post by R18dat »

Cheers Kev good to hear you are keeping the wee beast. I am just planning the come back for my little Datto 1200 ute early next year.
Update on the sedan, I have all the parts together, ready to have on the road Friday. Hopefully last deadline.
Will have photo's next post.
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Hi all, shit the pit, the engine is running. Sounds sexual, enough to give a jellyfish a hard on. Just have to fine tune and it's back home to get run in.
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Car is home and had a good buzz up the motorway and the back roads home. Little beast is starting to free up. Pulls hard at 6000rpm, but won't take it any higher for awhile yet. Well after a long discussion with engine builder and girlfriend it final, we are leaving the little red Datto at home and taking the girlfriends shitbox. Just too many wee things to do finish off. Car has WOF and REGO.
Here are a few photo's of it semi completed, will be driving it round in new year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DATY12
Regular
aka: Kev

Post by DATY12 »

Awesome, looks mint!

Well done on so much work in a short amount of time!
Datsuns I've owned
Datsun Sunny x 4
Datsun 1200 Sedan
Datsun 1200 Roadstar Ute
-Current
Datsun C20 Vanette
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Happy new year all Datto heads. Well had a great time down the mainland over the christmas break, but was good to get home to my Datsun's.
Update, their has only been small improvements to the little red sedan. New gear knob fitted and S/S braided brake lines. Broken plumbing in the hose has spent all the $$ for the adjustable front end at the moment, so will be put on the back burner for now. Just driving it, having fun running in engine. Once that is done rejet the carbs and retorque the head. Then I think it will be ready for a few long trips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.