Joels b122 sunny truck

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Joels b122 sunny truck

Post by joelbrown »

Havin a sick day off work 2day so i thort it wud be a good time to post up sum pics etc and start a members ride thread:
On a walk one morning in march 2012 i came accross an old gent from westmelton parking it up and fitting a for-sale sign to it, i asked how much he wanted for it, in a raspy scottish accent he said "oh, i dunno- $1800 dollars?" to which i eagerly replied "sold!" These are the pics i took that day.
phn cam coppied 01.2013 030.jpg
phn cam ncoppied 01.2013 032.jpg
It had done 115 000kms and is jap assembled (not a bakkie!!).
Ive repaired the only minor rust ive found, cut it out and fitted a 1x2" plate to the drivers and passengers side foot well.

Since then ive lowered it 4" all round with shortened strut hsgs, mk2 vw golf inserts, custom 200lb springs, reset leaves with 2" blocks and a 120y front sway bar with all bushings replaced with nolathane/super pro items.
Here are some more recent pics (jst dnt look too close)
digi cam 2012ish 176.jpg
digi cam 2012ish 172.jpg
digi cam 2012ish 163.jpg
digi cam 2012ish 171.jpg
digi cam 2012ish 177.jpg
Body work includes deleted rear window bars, rear corner bumpers, side mirrors, tray hooks and tarp clips.
I have got a b110 steel grille set and round head lights, Im just undecided on if i will fit it or not.
Future mods im looking at are - installing a worked A15 and over-drive 5spd -an s13 brake upgrade -some jdm style wheels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by joelbrown on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
1990 1200 ute
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: Joels b122

Post by Kitch »

thats a sweet ride height you ended up with Joel. better it handles 100x better to.

that original purchase price is a bargain!!!! and from a scotsman thats incredible to get a deal like that ;)

Thats a bit stink about that paint and panel deal, but someone told me once if something is "too good to be true" its cause it is!

Anyway goot attitude to move on, and stick with it, you would regret selling it anyway!!!

Look forward to seeing engine & gearbox upgrade take place. I might be selling my freshly rebuilt A15 in the not to distant future to by the way.

And I reckon keep the square headlights, to be a bit different and keep it original IMO
joelbrown
Financial Member

Post by joelbrown »

Cheers for the comments, "too good to be true" was ringing in my ears for a longtime Kitch.
Id be very interested in this fresh a15 you speak of man, PM me some details of it if you please
1990 1200 ute
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Looking cool mate like the ride height.
joelbrown
Financial Member

Post by joelbrown »

z181200 wrote:Looking cool mate like the ride height.
thanks man, still wouldnt mind taking the rear down another inch or so tho, maybe add an extra leaf + or sumthin
1990 1200 ute
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I've actually met Jamie.
His old man is a fucking good panel Beater, who I'm planning to use again myself. (He made a really good job of My valiant, and of the old mans Plymouth. Sorry to hear you got a shit job done on your ute.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
WRCDAT

Post by WRCDAT »

Hey man, thats shit about panel and paint.... whats his dads name?? i had my datsun 1200 panel and painted and similar problem. got the guy out to look at it and he wanted more $$ to fix it. Was done in Hornby

I like your ute tho and envious about the price!
joelbrown
Financial Member

Post by joelbrown »

WRCDAT wrote:Hey man, thats shit about panel and paint.... whats his dads name?? i had my datsun 1200 panel and painted and similar problem. got the guy out to look at it and he wanted more $$ to fix it. Was done in Hornby

I like your ute tho and envious about the price!
Yeah dude, sorry to hear you had probs too. Its such a come down when ur amping on how cool it is that its finally getting the big panel and paint treatment and thinkn ur guna be done with that side of things only to see ur pride and joy returned all carlessly molested.

-Im not sure what his fathers name is, his wrkshp is a few k's out of chch, I was promised that the ute would be sprayed in his old mans booth and put thru the bake oven too, :thumbsdown:
1990 1200 ute
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

shame about the paint and whatnot, love the square headlights though, and good to see your going to keep going with things, looks like you got an absolute bargain, with the purchase price.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I like the square headlights bud. Keeps it unique. Maybe a chrome bumber but thats my 10cents.
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors