240z

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Zeeya

240z

Post by Zeeya »

hey guys,
im new to the south Island after moving down here with my girlfriend about 5 months ago.
Travelling down from Hamilton in the 240z was a good roady!

moved down because Work ( JPMarshall Engineering ) have given me the opportunity to became the Foremen and GM for the south.
Making me the youngest Foremen/GM at 27. we are a general engineering workshop that take on any task big or small but at the moment we are just focusing on screw piles to help rebuild the city, until i hire enough workers to start up a new Heavey Fab shop.

enough about me. . . back to the car. Orginal inline 6 L24!
1971 240z stil original engine with modifications to make 200rwhp but this was a few years back and things are getting a little tierd. was set up for track and drag doing 13 flat on its first run.
Half cage 4 point harness for the. Dual SU's. Re jetted to run avgas with twin side draft K&N carbs alot of work done to the engine to get these figures and just recently changed the points to Pertronix ignition system and still trying to work the bugs out on that one. was able to rev up to 8500 rpm no sweat but not at the moment so i hopefully work out the kinks. also did a comp test on and was at an even 200psi in all cylinders. Raceing cam, pistons and flywheel etc drilled out oil galleries for better oil flow in the cam and head matching port polish exhaust and intake not to mention valve work for better flow. up grading the brakes to 11.5" twin slotted front brakes with 4pot calipers and custom made aerotech alloy used for the hats for better heat transfer.

body work. . .
stripped down and pro panel and paint. took out about 100 kgs of panel steal and weighs in at 890 kg with no driver. fiberglassed back spoiler. looking to get the gaurds flared and rolled to for bigger more agressive tyres with a new paintjob so if you know anyone please let me know.

umm thats everything off the top of my head for now ill try post up some pics when i can.

if ya have any questions please dont be shy.
be good to meet some local people that are into the same things.

cheers,
Brian ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: 240z

Post by Bartman »

That's really nice!
What are the Calipers off?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Zeeya

Post by Zeeya »

Bartman wrote:That's really nice!
What are the Calipers off?
toyota hilux. everything is just bold up so no cert needed
just dont know when i want to try fit them. wanting to get adjustibal coil overs kit to put in there with new brakes and widen the simmons wheels. thought i might aswell do it in one hit
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Nice car man, I think someone is pulling your leg about removing 100Kgs of steel and it weighing 890Kgs though.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Zeeya

Post by Zeeya »

DJZ wrote:Nice car man, I think someone is pulling your leg about removing 100Kgs of steel and it weighing 890Kgs though.
should be allright once i get a few things done to it.

standart curb weight of a 1971 240z is 1.068 T give or take. Aslo removed stock wheels for some lighter simmons wheels heater, steal panels taken out and replaced with alloy and figerglass, so its not far off it. weigh bridge at work with full tank of gass and me in it was 982 kgs before heading down to CHCH.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Hmm, just saying it seems a little on the light side, the guy that runs Otomoto in Oz has a race car with fibreglass guards, rear hatch, dash, carbon fibre roof, bonnet and bumpers and his car is 935Kgs empty.

Out of interest do you guys manufacture the screw piles only or do you have anything to do with the installation and testing?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Zeeya

Post by Zeeya »

DJZ wrote:Hmm, just saying it seems a little on the light side, the guy that runs Otomoto in Oz has a race car with fibreglass guards, rear hatch, dash, carbon fibre roof, bonnet and bumpers and his car is 935Kgs empty.

Out of interest do you guys manufacture the screw piles only or do you have anything to do with the installation and testing?
what year 240 is it.yea it does seem a little to light thats why i had to weigh it myself haha.
A company called PileTech LTD do all the site work and load testing for screw piles. we just engineer / manufacture the piles, drive tools and power heads and massive torque converters for them.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Ah yeap, we deal with Piletech quite a bit, we do high pressure hydraulics.

I'm not sure what year his car is, there's a thread on it here if you want to have a look
http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/ ... 043.0.html

So what are the plans for your beast? Get it going nicely and drive it around? I saw on the Z Club site the problems you were having with the Pertronix setup, did you manage to get that sorted in the end?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Zeeya

Post by Zeeya »

DJZ wrote:Ah yeap, we deal with Piletech quite a bit, we do high pressure hydraulics.

I'm not sure what year his car is, there's a thread on it here if you want to have a look
http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/ ... 043.0.html

So what are the plans for your beast? Get it going nicely and drive it around? I saw on the Z Club site the problems you were having with the Pertronix setup, did you manage to get that sorted in the end?
Haha yea there ruff on there gear that's fore sure! Think I might of had one of your guys come down to my workshop a couple of times to check out the power heads??

Looking at a RB30det setup but don't know if I want to put it in the merc or z. Z is a little short on the wheelbase for a good drift car so I might just tweak it a little and keep in road / track for now and put it in the merc. Umm still having the same problem of not getting it up over 5000 rpm but apart from that its running like a dream.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

cool cars i want one