Mohit's b110 coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
maddat1
Financial Member

Re: Mohit's b110 coupe

Post by maddat1 »

It is shane for the age of the car.did some cosmetic things today with the help of rony.
see you all in june...
R18dat
Regular

Post by R18dat »

Great little coupe Mohit, I look forward to seeing this at the next meet.
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Hey guys,
How many of you had this problem when fitting a 5 speed gearbox in a b110.
The reverse light switch comes in the way of the mount in the tunnel.
Iam having that problem and need advice...
cheers
mohit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

some people remove the end of the sender switch with a hacksaw or similar instrument of carnage and glue up the opening.
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Yeah i heard of that.
In my case the gearbox is not straight also,it needs to move more towards righthand side and thats where that mounting plate gets in the way.
wonder i have to raise it up some more and get my clearance...
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

maddat1 wrote:Yeah i heard of that.
In my case the gearbox is not straight also,it needs to move more towards righthand side and thats where that mounting plate gets in the way.
wonder i have to raise it up some more and get my clearance...
Your gearbox cross member looks custom? As per my build thread, I moved by tunnel mounts for a nice clean, but fully functional setup. In addition, we needed some spacers to get the gearbox to sit level/clear. If you're not moving your mounts, you may need to look at a modified cross member and either remove the reverse switch or hack it to fit and silicon it up.

Look forward to hearing your progress :)

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Yeah thats the custom crossmember i have there for now but still looking at ways to sort it out.i dont want to remove the original tunnel mount.i will have to fabricate the gearbox mount at this stage.
The thread of the reverse light switch is M14x1.5 and i went and bought a grub screw which i will use to plug of the switch for now.
Follow nzdatsun member,kitch is been very helpful so far,made few late night calls also...lol
Does anyone know what should be the clearance from the top of the tunnel to the centreline of the output shaft,mine is around 90mm but i can go abit higher.
cheers
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Got the mount sorted today but its just a rough one which needs tidy up.since i got it in place now without cutting the mount bracket i will relocate the reverse light switch.
Check out the clearance from the top and i took it for a drive just to check the revs in 5th gear on 60mph,see picture.
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

That looks pretty dam good for position/alignment Mohit - glad it all panned out.
man you have to be happy for that rev 'drop' @ 60mph, bet its far nicer on the open road now.
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

Time to rebuild the engine,pulled the rocker cover of and found this....looks like a bottle opener,what the hell its doing in there.