D1RTY6's C331 Gloria

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: D1RTY6 's 1978 C331 Gloria SGL-E

Post by classicdat »

Lang2 wrote:re: the indicator, check that indicator flashing relay under the dash/ clean up terminals/ change it. It played up heaps on my 140j first time round
My suspicions too, but unless it has 2 it seems strange it flashes one way and not the other, if you have a bulb out it flashes really fast, too much resistance? Maybe you have a resistance fault, on the left only, maybe as Lang points out check connections but in the circuit as well as at the unit if that doesn't fix it.
I'd be surprised if ECU controlled wipers, but have been wrong before :D
Datsuns from A to Zed
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

id be checking to make sure the earth on the circuits is complete, unusual for the fault to be one side only.
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Post by cul8r »

Good to see it going nathan.

When I originally got the car I replaced all the oils and fluids with new stuff throughout. I never managed to get that filler bung off. I ended up filling it through one of reverse switch selectors from memory on the opposite side of the box - far far easier and quicker. I tried everything to undo the filler bung but it wouldnt budge.

Does the exhaust still bolt up ?

That L20 used to go pretty well, quite smooth. I think you'll find this will pull a little better now..
D1RTY6
Financial Member
aka: Nathan

Post by D1RTY6 »

cul8r wrote:Good to see it going nathan.

When I originally got the car I replaced all the oils and fluids with new stuff throughout. I never managed to get that filler bung off. I ended up filling it through one of reverse switch selectors from memory on the opposite side of the box - far far easier and quicker. I tried everything to undo the filler bung but it wouldnt budge.

Does the exhaust still bolt up ?

That L20 used to go pretty well, quite smooth. I think you'll find this will pull a little better now..
Cheers, pretty stoked really. feels good to drive it, even if it is just up and down my road at the moment

Yea the oil i pulled out was still nice and clean, but yes that filler bung was a huge pain, so much spanner rash trying to get it undone!, ill remember the switch selector next time i change the oil!

Yup exhaust still bolts up and sounds as good as ever :beer:

Was a shame to remove the L20 but end of the day was much easier for me to just replace the whole engine than fiddle round with it, Im hoping for for a bit more power, but im not holding my breathe ha it is still an L series
D1RTY6
Financial Member

Post by D1RTY6 »

Also if you guys havent seen, i have this for sale http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =582517620

Bolt on parts are the only rust issues, i believe brock has most parts needed to complete the car :)

So bid away :):) as it ends saturday and i would like to get more than the $100 its currently sitting at
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

D1RTY6 wrote::

Was a shame to remove the L20 but end of the day was much easier for me to just replace the whole engine than fiddle round with it, Im hoping for for a bit more power, but im not holding my breathe ha it is still an L series
So much hate for the L series... I always thought that L26 went pretty well, you'll probably want to do the tappets in it though. L series is the best series!
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

L26 go hard aye 8-)
D1RTY6
Financial Member

Post by D1RTY6 »

Weather has been a bid of a hinderance but i have my auto sparky mate hopefully coming to help on thursday to fix the last issues

Wipers
Indicators

also does anybody have any idea what this is

Keeps making noises, White car doesnt have one in the same location

Still hoping to make the southern cruise, may have to sneak without a WOF if thats what i comes to

Nathan
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Was the other car injected? It's some sort of relay by the looks of it.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
D1RTY6
Financial Member

Post by D1RTY6 »

DJZ wrote:Was the other car injected? It's some sort of relay by the looks of it.
No White car wasnt injected, You think its a relay to do with the Injection stuff?