hi all

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
junkyard dog

hi all

Post by junkyard dog »

hi ya all,
thought I'd join the forum since I share the same interest/illness as you guys I currently av 3 on the go at the moment; a '73 620 ute, a PU11 Maxima VG20et, and a 1980 280ZX

The Maxima will be goin back on the road soon after a light restoration, it has only 80'000km and is quite tidy; the z is gonna be totally sripped and rebuilt, and the ute is the handy runabout. woulda been nice to go on the southern cruise this weekend but even the ute wasn't ready (wof expired) so maybe another cruise would be cool to meet with ya's ;)
the last pic is my c32 (L24e) laurel I had when I was in London '06
IMGP4582 by richcraft3, on Flickr
IMGP4717 by richcraft3, on Flickr
IMGP4495 by richcraft3, on Flickr
IMGP1020.jpg by richcraft3, on Flickr
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: hi all

Post by Kitch »

Hey mate

Welcome to the club

Some tidy looking machines you have there! have seen the ute a couple of times over the last year or two out Point way.

If the ute isnt wof'd how come we saw you rolling thru Point yesterday when we were heading to Fairlie!!?? :)

Look forward to seeing you on a cruise at some stage
junkyard dog

Post by junkyard dog »

Kitch wrote:Hey mate

Welcome to the club

Some tidy looking machines you have there! have seen the ute a couple of times over the last year or two out Point way.

If the ute isnt wof'd how come we saw you rolling thru Point yesterday when we were heading to Fairlie!!?? :)

Look forward to seeing you on a cruise at some stage
thanks mate,
yeah live out this way it was a short trip thought it'd be safe enough without getting busted, will be getting wof nxt week so I can at last enjoy cheap reg :Jelly: .

How was/is the cruise?
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Haha! Go the C32 Laurel! And the Bluebird with the mighty VG20ET! You must visit Christchurch some time and check out our rides hehe.
junkyard dog

Post by junkyard dog »

broke wrote:Haha! Go the C32 Laurel! And the Bluebird with the mighty VG20ET! You must visit Christchurch some time and check out our rides hehe.
yeah really miss the ol c32 was really mint and being a uk spec model had better quality trim than the jdm version, and having decent motorways over there standard cruising speed of 90mph/150kph is the norm, which the girl sat on nicely.
The Pu11 will be on the road nxt so maybe will come on one of ya cruises at some point, cheers
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Be great to see you on a cruise or two, shame we missed you this time, sounds like you were there or there abouts.
Put Queens Birthday in the Calendar, We have a 2 day cruise coming up ground the top of the South Island, should be Awesome.
Datsuns from A to Zed
junkyard dog

Post by junkyard dog »

classicdat wrote:Be great to see you on a cruise or two, shame we missed you this time, sounds like you were there or there abouts.
Put Queens Birthday in the Calendar, We have a 2 day cruise coming up ground the top of the South Island, should be Awesome.
Cheers mate sounds good will av to get me ass into gear and get the ol nismax sorted, gotta be recomplied previous owner parked it in garage and forgot about it, $5-600 should do it..
1975 620
aka: james

Post by 1975 620 »

hi hd1072 i have hd5822
the ute looks mean - do you have more photos?
if you have recently done it up can you tell me where you got your door rubbers and window rubbers if new/replaced?
cheers
junkyard dog

Post by junkyard dog »

1975 620 wrote:hi hd1072 i have hd5822
the ute looks mean - do you have more photos?
if you have recently done it up can you tell me where you got your door rubbers and window rubbers if new/replaced?
cheers
G'day Hd5822
When I got this truck it was a bucket of shit to be honest, its no minter now but it does have a new lease on life.
I had to remove all panels kill rust underseal repair and or replace I was lucky enough to get another 620 of a farmer for 6 spieghts which I've used for parts including the door rubbers, the bulkhead also needed a bit a welding, hav'nt replaced windscreen yet but if I do will get my rubber off ebay(US)
made the deck myself and cnc engraved 'Datsun' on the tail gate, also used old mazda 808 tail lights just to be different, havn't finnished signwriting it yet
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

That DATSUN on the back of the deck is sweet!