wtd. datsun 1600

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
oldskooldat
Regular
aka: ollie

Re: wtd. datsun 1600

Post by oldskooldat »

cool thanks mate. i will possibly just get a freight truck to pick it up then take parts on pallets. will see what hapens. ill let you no :)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

I wouldn't go near it. This car will have had its fair share of bangs on the track and they are never repaired perfectly, well, because they are a race car and will only get dinged up again. If you want a tidy road car give it a miss. If you wanted a track car then it would be a good buy.
My orangatang 510 here.
oldskooldat
Regular

Post by oldskooldat »

its owned by an older fella. he has a lot of spare parts for it. engines, guards....ect. he said it has minor dings but nothing major. hes sending me a full parts list and a collection of photos from all over the car. he seems very genuine . i will see how these pictures turn out. its still now a bad price.6800 plus comes with a heap of parts

ive looked into the red sss on trademe . it needs some work. both the rear quarters are rusty,it needs a diff upgrade asap, the whole underside needs a blast and paint really. he will take 12500 for it.

i cant decide .vote for the best deal
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

oldskooldat wrote:its owned by an older fella. he has a lot of spare parts for it. engines, guards....ect. he said it has minor dings but nothing major. hes sending me a full parts list and a collection of photos from all over the car. he seems very genuine . i will see how these pictures turn out. its still now a bad price.6800 plus comes with a heap of parts

ive looked into the red sss on trademe . it needs some work. both the rear quarters are rusty,it needs a diff upgrade asap, the whole underside needs a blast and paint really. he will take 12500 for it.

i cant decide .vote for the best deal
Mine was owned and built by an old fella who raced it around Manfield. Looked fine on the outside. UNder the paint was cheese, bags, mesh, all sorts of dodgy shit.

I am just saying, I would never buy another ex race car and IMO neither should you unless you intended to use it on the track....

With all that said, I could be wrong and this could be a minter, but I doubt it.

Hold out for a restored minter :P
My orangatang 510 here.
oldskooldat
Regular

Post by oldskooldat »

Cheers mate. Ill take a bit more care with considering this now. Ill be drilling him for info about any repairs done on it. I'd certainly hope it wasn't as bad as yours was under the paint. What are your thoughts on the red SSS
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

oldskooldat wrote:Cheers mate. Ill take a bit more care with considering this now. Ill be drilling him for info about any repairs done on it. I'd certainly hope it wasn't as bad as yours was under the paint. What are your thoughts on the red SSS
can only go on what everybody has been saying, that it is rough.

The guy openly admits the previous owner did a shit job of the FJ conversion, but says he has fixed it all up....

That still leaves all the expensive body stuff like rear quarters etc You can get new stamped quarters from nissco (http://nissco.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Bah, I would hit up Vaugh (Classicdat) and try buy his orange one :)
My orangatang 510 here.
oldskooldat
Regular

Post by oldskooldat »

i originally had tht 1 lined up with patrick before he died. i wondered why he never email back lol. ive spoken to him about buying it not long ago. he would rather keep it and tidy it up himself. fair enough 2. ive been talking to gazz about possibly buying his fj powered sss weapon but hes not sure if he will sell. theres a few options atleast. but im not very keen on buying another rust bucket. ive sussed out rear quarter prices inc freight just incase i do buy the red 1. so it sounds like i should give the race car and the red sss a miss maybe
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

oldskooldat wrote:i originally had tht 1 lined up with patrick before he died. i wondered why he never email back lol. ive spoken to him about buying it not long ago. he would rather keep it and tidy it up himself. fair enough 2. ive been talking to gazz about possibly buying his fj powered sss weapon but hes not sure if he will sell. theres a few options atleast. but im not very keen on buying another rust bucket. ive sussed out rear quarter prices inc freight just incase i do buy the red 1. so it sounds like i should give the race car and the red sss a miss maybe
See if the guy has photo documentation of all the repair work done on the dings for the race prepped one
I just think it is unlikely to be done to a level you would want for a daily road car.

What do other people on here think about the race one?
My orangatang 510 here.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

gingofthesouth wrote:
oldskooldat wrote:i originally had tht 1 lined up with patrick before he died. i wondered why he never email back lol. ive spoken to him about buying it not long ago. he would rather keep it and tidy it up himself. fair enough 2. ive been talking to gazz about possibly buying his fj powered sss weapon but hes not sure if he will sell. theres a few options atleast. but im not very keen on buying another rust bucket. ive sussed out rear quarter prices inc freight just incase i do buy the red 1. so it sounds like i should give the race car and the red sss a miss maybe
See if the guy has photo documentation of all the repair work done on the dings for the race prepped one
I just think it is unlikely to be done to a level you would want for a daily road car.

What do other people on here think about the race one?
On trademe atm
Listing #: 598854764
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

chris_g1 wrote:
On trademe atm
Listing #: 598854764
Is that a SSS dash I peak? Yep, it is. The non SSS dash is hanging on the shed wall in one of the pics.
My orangatang 510 here.