2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan

Post by 2 doors »

heres a few pictures to prove things are actually happening
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Page 11 now :dance2: Looking good Wal, do you know what the turbo is off?? Looks like it could be a T25 from a CA18DET or similar? Should go great on the A14.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

That works out @ 2 pages per year of build time exactly! :lol:

Hope you get a good run with things, the shell looks like it doesn't need that much to finish off before paint
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Kitch wrote:That works out @ 2 pages per year of build time exactly! :lol:

Hope you get a good run with things, the shell looks like it doesn't need that much to finish off before paint
actually this car came off the road in jan 2001 so its over a year per page :oops: shell is pretty good actually, all the hard yards were done in previous years, (2008)

and 2 pages in 1 week is amazing for this build, long may it continue lol
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Datto_610 wrote:Page 11 now :dance2: Looking good Wal, do you know what the turbo is off?? Looks like it could be a T25 from a CA18DET or similar? Should go great on the A14.

I don't know what its off exactly, but I went through 5-6 turbos and wrote down all the nos etc on each one, then came home and googled what I could, what I found out was that someone on the Honda forum had the same spec turbo on there 1800 , and was getting boost from just after idle so I just thought that sounds like what I want lol, with the smaller capacity engine boost will come on when it comes on hopefully around 2000rpm

Its all very technical (suck it and see what happens) besides I liked the fact it had garrett stamped on it.

I should also put in a plug for the guy at 4wd spares on falsgrave street, as that's where I got the turbo, I had heaps of them spread all over his floor and was asking heaps of questions, he was pretty patient and didn't get to angry either when I haggled the price down a bit. hes got lots of odds and ends in there from turbos to superchargers and complete motors etc.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

huge thanks to Bart who came up with a mint condition h75 head today, it has new exhaust guides and re-cut seat faces, should be just the ticket for what I need, I will be assembling the short block to calculate the compression ratio, I may have to skim some off the head to get things right, then ill have to pull it down and get the block tanked, and all the reciprocating parts balanced.

tomorrow night ill be able to start the manifolds. :popcorn:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Depending on what your static comp ratio measures up at, you may benefit from shaving down the block, and the pistons to reduce the bowl volume.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Bartman wrote:Depending on what your static comp ratio measures up at, you may benefit from shaving down the block, and the pistons to reduce the bowl volume.
true true, ill be shooting for around 8.5-1 so whatever it takes to achieve that, have priced up machining and balancing and its not a huge cost to take some height out of the top end, if needs be.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

I believe the H75's are a lower comp head to start with, due to larger combustion chambers, which will help for your static C/R reduction for boosting.

I have a spreadsheet file I threw together for calculating static C/R for A series engines, I can forward on to you to help play around with working out how much you need to deck block / plane head depending on piston dish volume.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Kitch wrote:I believe the H75's are a lower comp head to start with, due to larger combustion chambers, which will help for your static C/R reduction for boosting.

I have a spreadsheet file I threw together for calculating static C/R for A series engines, I can forward on to you to help play around with working out how much you need to deck block / plane head depending on piston dish volume.
yes please, although going by Aarons A14 set up. once he changed his head over to A14 from A12, it brought the whole package together and now it performs as a turbo motor should, so im expecting similar results.