Front caliper clearance and bleed

all your DIY needs
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Re: Front caliper clearance and bleed

Post by jeremiahnz »

Godzilladat wrote:I know you have put a lot of work into making it happen with the stock hub & spindle, but I'm hoping I can achieve the same with a replacement spindle.
Yep could be the go. Will be keen to hear where you get with it.

If I have time this weekend, I will take the whole setup off and take it to a wheel shop to see if there is anything that can fit over it. I had always planned on running spacers so didn't think I'd have an issue. I may still be able to get some 27mm spacers to fit, with modification to the hub, but it is a path I would rather avoid as it could mean modifications to the spindle etc. as well.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Do you have any good pics of the hub/spindle setup from the back and front without the rotor on?

Quick google brought up this thing which the americans call a 91 hardbody which seems to have the mounting points the right way (going off memory);

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/tech/susp ... to_03.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They use these drop spindles which I believe are generic

I like the fact they have the easy caliper mount (not sure what to suit, but gives you something to work with.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

More dribble, this is a hardbody (which I think is d21 pathfinder in australia) spindle directly fitted to a datsun 620 ute

So find a suitable hub and we may be winning at life.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Only the later 620's had the top arm with a ball joint, rather than the antiquated king pin set up.
Those drop spindles are very reasonably priced too.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............