Post by Datto_610 »

Thanks guys, , onwards and upwards!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: Datto_610's 180B Off with its head!

Post by Datto_610 »

Another busy day spent working on datsun's yesterday. Got the new water pump fitted, head torqued up and part of the inlet manifold installed. Was hoping to get more done but it was cold and dark..... going to go hard this weekend and aim for another test fire!
It may be hard to see but I tried to get a pic of #4 quench pad where the damage was. Was tricky trying to lift the head up without disturbing the lifters

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Well if you didn't already know I didn't get to test fire the CA last weekend. Installing the rest of the inlet manifold was proving to be quite a pain in the backside for some reason. I've had it on and off plenty of times but didn't want to go back on nicely this time. Is all fitted now bar the coolant pipes. Exhaust manifold is 85% installed turbo lines are all fitted. Just need to do cams and cam belt and she's ready! Also made a gasket to go between my tank and fuel pump cradle out of some fuel resistant rubber it's a bit rough but should do the job. Black zinc cap screws for max contrast yo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Sounds good Greg, exciting times.
Do you still have the inside of the rubber that the gasket was made out of? Could fix the fuel leak on the C31 carb;)
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yes I do! Got plenty left out at James' place. The C31 feels like a completely different car so much better now. Thanks again :D

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Datto_610 wrote:Yes I do! Got plenty left out at James' place. The C31 feels like a completely different car so much better now. Thanks again :D

Great, pleased to hear it, just a little time and a few tools. Now just fix that fuel bowl leak and no fire risk, better economy :P
Should go well for the Hanmer cruise next weekend :D
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

So close to start up! Everything is pretty much ready but need to figure out a way to do up crank pulley bolt but I don't have a driveshaft yet or handbrake so I can lock the wheels up to stop motor from turning while I do it up. Any ideas? Big thanks to djz for lending me some torque wrenches so I could get my cams back in. And big thanks to James for helping put cams back in and the cam belt too. Itching to fire it up!

skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Good work chief.When I tightened the crank bolt on the VH I removed an inspection cover in the bell housing and could wedge a piece of ally in the flex plate without damaging stuff.You may be able to do the same by removing the starter motor...?
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I'll look into that. Cheers John!

Vince of france
Regular

Post by Vince of france »

Hello, I have just read 51 pages of your topic, whaou!! Great job(work)! Congratulation I encourage you for the continuation(suite)!

I also have one 610, but cut SS which(who) ran(roamed) in reunite them Africans in the 70s... I speak about it in my topic of my 280ZX of 1981... I look for rooms(parts,plays) of bodies we find there at your home(with you) in New Zealand!?

@+ Vince :!
forum : http://www.team-go-on.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Web : http://www.team-go-on.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/vincent.morin2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TEAM GO ON FACEBOOK PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/TeamGoOn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodies shop : http://team-go-on.spreadshirt.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;