blatsun's 1974 1200 sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
blatsun

blatsun's 1974 1200 sedan

Post by blatsun »

Thought it about time I introduced myself since I already been posting a few questions out there ...

I'm Marcia, and building a 1200 sedan under the ever watchful eye of my partner Dean but with the intention of doing as much of the rebuild work myself. Dean found the car for me as he's always trawling the web for projects and came across this one. Most of the hard work has been done and was at the stage of painting and putting back together. It's quite a tidy car with minimal rust all things considered.

Dean wrote me up a list of 'to-do's' and what I needed to get so I pretty much got stuck in and gave the bank account a bit of a hiding and have been getting dirty ever since .. and loving it!

We pretty much got it painted straight away and sent the seat of to the upholsterers so some quick work has been made on the car so far. I'm keeping it quite standard (for now) as just want to get it on the road.

but anyway here it is ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan
blatsun

Re: blatsun's 1974 1200 sedan

Post by blatsun »

so those photos were pre the weekend ... and as of sunday it looked like this!

I've been a busy girl!!

Put the seats in to see how it was looking but will take them out again as have a few pieces of carpet still to fit, and will clean up and maybe replace some of the seat belts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

That's a really nice tidy car.
Looks like a good project, and good to hear that your doing as much of it yourself as you can.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

What are the plans for it?
What direction are you heading

:burnout:
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
blatsun

Post by blatsun »

pretty much just tidying it from ground up with no modifications. Replacing old/worn parts etc. New paint, carpets, upholstery, rubbers, rims. replacing tail lights, indicator lights, steering wheel, tidying up all the chrome, gearbox and engine tidy (A12) , basically put it all back together and get it on the road.

I only work about 6km's from town and will use it during the week as a run around. Once it's on the road am going to sell my Audi and upgrade to an american muscle weekend car.

Well, that's the initial plan anyway!
Last edited by blatsun on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

An American car would be a downgrade
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
blatsun

Post by blatsun »

haha, was expecting that. kind of agree in some respects, and love my audi but following a dream
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

torqued wrote:An American car would be a downgrade
Depending on what kind of Audi id be going with american muscle too - especially if you will be using this sweet 1200 sedan as the daily.

Great car - just sold mine :( - this looks about as tidy as you can get - keep up the great work
blatsun

Post by blatsun »

datsunboy wrote:That's a really nice tidy car.
Looks like a good project, and good to hear that your doing as much of it yourself as you can.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! So far it's been all me ... dean reckons he's going to do the gearbox for me as there's a bit of a leak around the seals .. but we will see lol
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan
blatsun

Post by blatsun »

brocky41 wrote:
torqued wrote:An American car would be a downgrade
Depending on what kind of Audi id be going with american muscle too - especially if you will be using this sweet 1200 sedan as the daily.

Great car - just sold mine :( - this looks about as tidy as you can get - keep up the great work
Thanks! Dean did bloody well in finding it for me. Will post some more pics as I get on .. able to spend quite a bit of time on it as dean has his own cars he's working on so we are both happy to spend evenings and weekends in the workshop.
1974 Datsun 1200 Sedan