Mags and tyres FOR SALE.

Sell stuff
chris_g1
Committee Members

Mags and tyres FOR SALE.

Post by chris_g1 »

Have realised the wheels I bought are never going to fit my 1600 so they are for sale.

Details are;
Wheels;
Takashi Old School.
4 x 114.3 PCD
Offset +15p.
4 centre caps also.

Tyres are;
Bridgestone Potenza RE002
195 x 50R
This is a full set of 4 and they have never been used
except to trial fit on the car. I was hoping that the guards would 'suddenly expand' to fit over them but no such luck.
Looking for $1100.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RatsunDatsun

Re: Mags and tyres FOR SALE.

Post by RatsunDatsun »

Hi

Nice wheels.

I am in the process of sorting wheels for my car, but looking at going down the superlite/panasport route.

Are you able to tell me the width of your wheels, and how much you think they would need to shrink to fit under the guards? Will be of great assistance with my car.

thanks
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

RatsunDatsun wrote:Hi

Nice wheels.

I am in the process of sorting wheels for my car, but looking at going down the superlite/panasport route.

Are you able to tell me the width of your wheels, and how much you think they would need to shrink to fit under the guards? Will be of great assistance with my car.

thanks

It depends on what strut and brake combo you are using.
Our one uses 910bluebird struts with GTR discs and calipers.
If you use 280z struts and brakes you can get another 15mm inside the guards.
Maybe other combos may get even more.
I have heard that standard 1600struts and brakes can handle from zero to 20/25 positive offset.
The rear will take a wider wheel with more positive offset than the front.
So the best advice I can give you is to go to a reputable wheel and tyre company and get clearances measured and then there will be no guesswork.
The new wheels for our car are 30+offset.

Hope that's of some use to you.
Bernie.
RatsunDatsun

Post by RatsunDatsun »

Hi thanks for that,

what is the diameter and width of both your 15+ and 30+ wheels?

I was considering 14 or 15 x 7 with 0 offset if possible.

Thanks

Nic
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

The 15" are 7" wide and have the same rolling diameter as a standard Datsun 1600. The 17' ones are also 7" wide but don't have tyres on at the moment but I will be aiming to have these also at as close to standard Datsun 1600 rolling diameter as I can get, then you won't get to much speedo error which can be a problem at cert time as they don't like it if speedo is out by too much.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

chris_g1 wrote:
RatsunDatsun wrote:Hi

Nice wheels.

thanks

It depends on what strut and brake combo you are using.
Our one uses 910bluebird struts with GTR discs and calipers.
If you use 280z struts and brakes you can get another 15mm inside the guards.
Maybe other combos may get even more.
I have heard that standard 1600struts and brakes can handle from zero to 20/25 positive offset.
The rear will take a wider wheel with more positive offset than the front.
So the best advice I can give you is to go to a reputable wheel and tyre company and get clearances measured and then there will be no guesswork.
The new wheels for our car are 30+offset.

Hope that's of some use to you.
Bernie.

Shortened R31 struts dad the 280zx have a different angle from the stub axle to the strut . The R31 can run more camber but less offset on the wheels give or take both are very smilier . I think what Dan1200sss has done with his front struts is the best way to go, You can set the cars height and not pre load springs ending in a better handling car.