Question!

For all your general datsun ramblings
Garth
Financial Member

Re: Question!

Post by Garth »

SunnyR32 wrote:I will do the sr conversion, but i will do it along the track, i think a15 is the way to go for now and finish my apprenticeship.

Ill just stockpile all the parts for the sr conversion so when its time to do it i can get it done nice and quick!

Now just time to make a list of what ill need!
Feel free to pop round any time and check out my sr conversion on my 1200 if you want a rough idea on what's involved, give me a week or so and I'll even be able to give ya a blat to show you how well they boogie with one in them
SunnyR32
Financial Member

Post by SunnyR32 »

Feel free to pop round any time and check out my sr conversion on my 1200 if you want a rough idea on what's involved, give me a week or so and I'll even be able to give ya a blat to show you how well they boogie with one in them

YEAH!!! ill be keen as! ill get in contact with you soon man, cheers for you help!
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

1234748_704973652863401_1719199141_n.jpg
:thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 1200 ute
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

A series are good, cause as Vaughan says you can do quick bolt on upgrades, and stage it.
Also they are nice and easy to work on (even a pen pusher like myself can work on them)

And better yet you are not adding superfluous added weight to the front of a nice light weight car

But if you were to go SR DE - then this is quite nice (even a biased A series boy like myself likes..)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 407568.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS I have an RB30 external fuel pump & anodized cradle & FPR for sale, if you want to tuck it aside for your future SR/CA repower
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

You should get the SR20 running gear out of a Nissan Almera F2 Kit car :P 280hp, naturally aspirated, sequential box.

Ohh to dream.
My orangatang 510 here.
SunnyR32
Financial Member

Post by SunnyR32 »

PS I have an RB30 external fuel pump & anodized cradle & FPR for sale, if you want to tuck it aside for your future SR/CA repower
Kitch i might take you up on that some time soon, as ive just bought an a15 for the time being,

Ive had a look at that motor! its stunning but a bit to much and im not gonna go to that extreme cause itll just be a daily hack.

Ahaha i dont think i would find one of those any time soon either, but it would be an ideal package to throw in!
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

All good.
Will bring pump & bits up to nat's weekend, and you can have a look and take it from there
EMs SR1200 UTE
Regular

Post by EMs SR1200 UTE »

Hey, do your A15 conversion for now ;)

Later on, to do an SR conversion and properly check out maddat.com for stuff needed for your car.
Take it from me doing an SR conversion is not cheap when you add everything up needed to make it run, but hey its sooo worth every bit of coin doing it :drool:
Theres allways SR20DEs on trade me for cheap, as people pull them out to do a DET conversion.
I found my S13 engine on there for $230.
For a stronger diff measure up a navara diff like mine, We had to shorten it to fit the 1200 but your car might be wider you might just have to change the drums and stud pattern to suit.
I do know a b1600 diff is only 1340mm wide from flange to flange, they are shorter in width than navara diffs. Plenty of them around and they arent expensive, they are stong as.
S13 SR20 Datsun Roadster Ute
SunnyR32
Financial Member

Post by SunnyR32 »

Yeah ive gone and bought an A15 now its gonna be here on monday!

Hmmmm does sounds like it could work cause the wagons could be a bit wider than the 1200s,

ill keep an eye out cause i dont think there to expensive

Cheers man for the tip!