Dropping 510

all your DIY needs
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Dropping 510

Post by Bartman »

I fitted stock 1200 front coils to the BBq trailer, just to make it roll, and you could bottom it out one handed, without the need to apply much effort at all. (Did have no shocks at the time, or at least they were completely fisted.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
mahony
aka: mahony

Post by mahony »

coilovers in the rear are not certifiable without strengthening the top and bottom mounting points of the shock. I have coilovers in the rear of my 510 and I am Going to attempt to pass cert with both coilover springs and a low rate spring in the original spring position. Might be pushing my luck but the coilovers in the rear make it handle awesome.
'71 p510 sedan s14 sr20det
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

My 510 has coil overs in the rear and passed a cert without any strengthening at all and I've done 35000k like that with no sign of cracking or wear I guess it just depends on who you get to cert your car.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Been linked to this site by some guys at the 510 registry:
http://www.ermish-racing.com/online-store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have some nice looking straight bolt in rear adjustable suspension for 510 for $645.00 USD shipped to NZ.
101199.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My orangatang 510 here.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Meh. Not body adjustable, only has a bushing at the top instead of a bearing. 5/10 would not bang.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

broke wrote:Meh. Not body adjustable, only has a bushing at the top instead of a bearing. 5/10 would not bang.
I wouldn't have thought either of those matter for the rear?

No pivoting so bearing shouldn't be needed, and once you get your ride height dialled in why would it be a problem?
I would bang.
My orangatang 510 here.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

gingofthesouth wrote:Been linked to this site by some guys at the 510 registry:
http://www.ermish-racing.com/online-store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have some nice looking straight bolt in rear adjustable suspension for 510 for $645.00 USD shipped to NZ.
101199.jpg
Would probably need a keeper spring to work for a cert in nz as everyone wants "max low" and it would become uncaptive.

Are these not upside down in the picture and the large round end is meant to have bushes in it - and the pin end with bushes goes in the top.

This makes it "bushed" at both ends anyway, perfectly fine on the street / mild track thrash.

Autolign in Hamilton (pretty sure / can find out) can make what ever you like up - and i think Shane 510BRE got his from Stocks and his look and work in a similar way.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

brocky41 wrote:
gingofthesouth wrote:Been linked to this site by some guys at the 510 registry:

101199.jpg
Would probably need a keeper spring to work for a cert in nz as everyone wants "max low" and it would become uncaptive.

Are these not upside down in the picture and the large round end is meant to have bushes in it - and the pin end with bushes goes in the top.

This makes it "bushed" at both ends anyway, perfectly fine on the street / mild track thrash.

Autolign in Hamilton (pretty sure / can find out) can make what ever you like up - and i think Shane 510BRE got his from Stocks and his look and work in a similar way.
Yes the photo is upside down and it is bushed at both ends. The only problem I could see, like you said, was whether the spring could be captive in situations of maximum low.

Otherwise, for my street machine I would be happy to run those shocks.

Now if somebody had a direct bolt in product supplied for same dosh that is better then I would be keen in a couple months to make a purchase.
Last edited by gingofthesouth on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My orangatang 510 here.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Did you just direct quote brock as a reply?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

torqued wrote:Did you just direct quote brock as a reply?
No, I typed up a reply, hit return, page returned an error and posted it sans my actual reply. I then went to retype it and thought fuck it, Ill do it later.

In Short the reply was to say that I would love to buy locally for similar money a direct bolt in product if it was available.
My orangatang 510 here.