1970 datsun 521

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: 1970 datsun 521

Post by gingofthesouth »

If you don't get the well side for yourself I would be keen to know where and how much :lol:
My orangatang 510 here.
datsun 521 ute

Post by datsun 521 ute »

The factory tubs with 4 hooks are SWB and 5 hook tubs are LWB. My SWB and friends LWB. I think the extra length is in front of the rear wheels as where there is 3 hooks in the LWB I only have 2 in the SWB. It's hard to see the hooks on mine due to the tarp. Have you thought of getting one from here in AUS? Older MG and Austin performance parts fit the J series engines also. I have twin SU's and a set of headers going on mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
521 Mgee
aka: Dave

Post by 521 Mgee »

datsun 521 ute wrote:The factory tubs with 4 hooks are SWB and 5 hook tubs are LWB. My SWB and friends LWB. I think the extra length is in front of the rear wheels as where there is 3 hooks in the LWB I only have 2 in the SWB. It's hard to see the hooks on mine due to the tarp. Have you thought of getting one from here in AUS? Older MG and Austin performance parts fit the J series engines also. I have twin SU's and a set of headers going on mine.
Those carbs and headers look mint!
I would be keen on importing one from aussie, i havent really looked into the availability of them though. Do you know of any tubs that are for sale?
I reckon id prefer to have a SWB version, they look more in proportion.
Your ute looks awesome, what are the plans for that one?
Rust never sleeps...
521 Mgee
aka: Dave

Post by 521 Mgee »

gingofthesouth wrote:If you don't get the well side for yourself I would be keen to know where and how much :lol:
Haha, I was talking to a guy over in texas that is keen to sell, but i havent looked in to what it would cost to get it over here.

I should have a go at making one from scratch aye, who else would want one?
Rust never sleeps...
Craig

Post by Craig »

I would be keen on a wellside if you are still planning on making one, i just picked up a 521 the other day and the deck is terrible and would prefer a wellside.