z18et wiring problems

all your DIY needs
datsun180sx

z18et wiring problems

Post by datsun180sx »

I currently own 2 Datsun 180sx's both originally L18e's one converted to z18et, i took the z18et out of one and put it into my better condition s110 and its not running, the last person who converted from the L18e to z18 (http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... hilit=s110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) had used the original loom but spliced into the wiring to run the twin spark ignition etc.
Since ive done the conversion I've followed the wiring correctly to how the last person had done it but in my s110 with its original loom.
THE PROBLEM!
-I was having trouble with injectors containing power 24/7 even when key was out of the ignition, fixed that and now fuel pump purges and engine turns over and starts but it dies out due to lack of fuel, car will keep running if i keep turning car over n over via key to ignition but it wont keep running.
I've tried everything, checked over my wiring, ECU was working completely fine and engine ran 110% prior to the conversion, but cant think of exactly what it would be.. HEADACHEEE ggrr
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: z18et wiring problems

Post by Bartman »

So you need to run a "hot while the engine is running" supply to your fuel pump relay?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsun180sx

Post by datsun180sx »

sorted (: car is up n running and looks dope!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

These are a pretty sweet shape.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............