1200 ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: 1200 ute

Post by gingofthesouth »

I have the VQ30DET in my Cedric. That VQ25DET in that 1200 would be unreal!
My orangatang 510 here.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Otorohanga! my grandparents live up there, i'll be sure to pop in and see you sometime this year!
Hmmmmm, not keen on rb26dett price maybe rb30et? fuck it just FJ the bitch
infinite
aka: Infinite

Post by infinite »

Mmm im leaning towards VQ..DET setup any ideas on if the thing *will* actuley fit? i have seen a 1uz in a 1200 ute? so id assume the VQ is smaller?
infinite

Post by infinite »

So picked it up today.

Most of the lower areas of the ute are coverd with 2-4 layers of race tape then bog, so have removed most of this.

Removed windscreen and rear window, nice and solid arround the windows atleast! and no race tape!.

Removed rest of sound deadening in the cab to check out the floor only found a few holes very small and fixable. now trying to decide if i fix the floor or just remove the whole dam thing and make a whole new folded one?...

Will get it to work next week hopefully and sand blast all the underside,inside cab and rear tray and also the very lower area of the sides then il also etch prime it at work.

Plans for the rear inside of tray is to remove the current floor as it is well beyond fixable and replace with new plate steel and then use special texture paint to finish it off nicely (its never going to carry anything mite scratch it?)

Needs new diff as someone has hacked the mounts off and has missing drums/head/no u bolts or bottom plates. just no8 wire holding it in :roll:

Few large holes under were the dash will one day be again! but wont be hard fix. Sills look like i can refab them at work.

Pics
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Keep the pictures coming!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
infinite

Post by infinite »

So have removed doors,guards,bonnet,other small parts for blasting.

Floors arnt bad at all really. and as much as i can tell the drives/passangers front part is really just a flat bit of plate? feels prity smooth for me?

Alot of stuff that looked really bad turns out is just dirt ontop of underseal under underseal coverd by more underseal. no race tape found so a bit disapointed nearly have a whole role!

Having secound thorts about removale of whole floor like the RIPS datsun ute. as this isnt that bad it could be kept origional for years to come....

Also some accident damage from sometime in its life on passangers side... hasnt been fixed to a high standard as the lower end of strut tower is rippled and still a bend in the top rail support, whole side looks like its still pushing in towards engine... Anyone got repair specs?

EMs SR1200 UTE
Regular

Post by EMs SR1200 UTE »

Wow youve got alot of work to do there mate, good thing is these utes are very easy to work on.

When you start looking around for new or aftermarket parts you will be suprised at what you can find, weve got all new panels...guards, doors, rear quarter panels, tailgate, radiator support panel, even a new front bar that goes between front of chassis rails for my ute.
Plus been collecting a few random bits and pieces latly for it.

Check out this thread for some ideas ;)
http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S13 SR20 Datsun Roadster Ute
infinite

Post by infinite »

Ok so had a really crap time... few days befor i got this i crushed my finger in the 220ton cnc press i operate and while cleaning this thing up ended up geting that infected.... Basicly to sum it up blood poisoning + no tetnis? for 15+ years haha i ended up sick as fk!

So havent done anything to this thing yet
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

infinite wrote:Ok so had a really crap time... few days befor i got this i crushed my finger in the 220ton cnc press i operate and while cleaning this thing up ended up geting that infected.... Basicly to sum it up blood poisoning + no tetnis? for 15+ years haha i ended up sick as fk!

So havent done anything to this thing yet
Gutted, good luck with the recovery and eventual work!
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Nothing worse than that.
Can't go to work, But can't work on the car either.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............