James Z31 Engine Blueprinting

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: James Non turbo Grass Skid Machine

Post by 2 doors »

hey James, one day I will sit down and go through your entre build thread, its impressive. good for you getting the courage up to leave your old job, its always a tough one when you have been at something for so long, but change is good, and sounds like its working out great. keep up the good work.
D1RTY6
Financial Member
aka: Nathan

Post by D1RTY6 »

85_Z31 wrote:So i left my old job of 8 years at Manpower
:lol: James im pretty sure we worked at Mainpower not Manpower!!!http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2014/manpo ... hurch-city

Big difference!!
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

D1RTY6 wrote:
85_Z31 wrote:So i left my old job of 8 years at Manpower
:lol: James im pretty sure we worked at Mainpower not Manpower!!!http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2014/manpo ... hurch-city

Big difference!!
Still working at Mainpower , maybe given up the nightshift / Moonlighting?

keep up the good work (ZX) james
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

lol, wondered about the whole manpower thing, thought maybe it was like hire a hubbby.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Bad spelling because Racecar !
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Not Really Much Happening with this thing.

Got super motivated after the Rakaia Cruise.

I have ordered some bigger electric fans and a lower temp Nismo Thermostat to try and sort out my overheating issues. I'm also going to pull the front Bumber off and get the Radiator to the shop to get professionally cleaned and have the side rail brazed back on.

I hear Barts old man is making good progress on machining up the turbo pieces to all fit and work.

After a bunch of small annoying remedial work I should be back on the road for cruises hopefully.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Forgot to remove the drain bung and was welding right next to it then smelt burning plastic, whoops! The top lugs came out pretty good, the side ones are a bit average.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Dude that's awesome the welding looks as good top and sides far as my eyes can tell.

In preparation for southern cruise i have done a bunch of boring stuff to try and get a wof, but tere has been a huge focus on fixing the cooling issues with this thing as of the last 2 Grasskana runs.

So i bought a bunch of stuff, 62 Deg Nismo T Stat, brand new alloy radiator to suit a skyline, works good for DJZ so im giving one a crack as well. New 12" Fans to replace the 10's that didn't seem to work well enough.
thermostat.jpg
NEW WIRING AND TERMINALS.jpg
START OF A ROBUST HEAT SHIELD.jpg
BOSCH BECAUSE BRAND WHORE.jpg
WIRING TO BE PROUD OF.jpg

The Radiator is the one from the post above, which DJZ very kindly welded the mounting points on for me.

Horn wiring was frayed and broken and is now fixed.
Headlights are now working again.
Brake lights are fixed and working again
All but one Indicator lamp is working and after considerable multi metering i can't find the problem.
Fans come on an off with key on ignition and the temp control probe simple needs to be stick into the radiator to make it temperate controllable.

And hopefully with the help of some riv nuts in the body work the radiator can be mounted with some simple brackets and studs.

Hayden is looking at rolling me up a metal reducer so i adapt the radiator pipework size Mis match
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: James 1985 300zx.

Post by tlssunny »

god i love this build, when i saw it at your house that night i didnt think much was done to it but fuck i just read the entire thing and omg fucking sick, all i want to do now is look over the entire car. the fabrication work awesome

keep up the good work
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: James 1985 300zx.

Post by 85_Z31 »

tlssunny wrote:god i love this build, when i saw it at your house that night i didnt think much was done to it but fuck i just read the entire thing and omg fucking sick, all i want to do now is look over the entire car. the fabrication work awesome

keep up the good work
Cheers man, after such a long graft it gets kind of tiring. But im making a real effort to find time to do stuff to it.

I re Read the whole thread and everything untill page 20 is now gone or has been redone better and more developed :deadhorse: