sadly selling my project 120y

Sell stuff
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

sadly selling my project 120y

Post by ginga-dato »

the time has come to let this car go. it hasnt been getting the love it deserves recently and needs someone to finish it off. it is a project and needs work but a bulk of the it has been done. all four doors and the bootlid have had the rust cut out, bare metaled and etch primed. i have cut all the rust out of one front guard but havent yet started on the other one. rust was cut out of the rear guards when i first bought it 7 years ago when it was my daily. battery relocated to the boot. recaro buckets. a good headunit and speakers. can come on a set of konig rewinds if the price is right. it has wagon leaf springs in the rear and r31 turbo front struts with 1200 tophats to lower it. she sits awesome and has a little bit of camber. engine is a worked a14 with an a15 head and a set of 40mm dellorto twin carbs and an alloy radiator. engine specs are as follows:
Block: A14
1.00mm oversize high comp / flat top pistons (77mm stroke 77mm bore)
Lightened & balanced crank with modified oil galleries
Lightweight lifters
Lightweight flywheel ( includes balanced heavy duty clutch assembly )
Fast road camshaft (3000 to 8000rpm range)
ARP rod bolts
Heavy-duty timing chain
Adjustable cam gear (kameari engine works Japan)
Whole rotating assembly fully balanced
New oil pump etc
Also has a Custom winged sump
Cylinder head: H89 ( High Compression A15 Head )
Ported intake & exhaust ( ports have been matched to gasket and ported for flow rather than size )
3 angle valve seats
Up rated valve springs
Planed for compression
Polished exhaust ports and combustion cambers
Ignition:
BPR7IEX NGK PLUGS
PETRONIX ELECTRONIC DIZZY
8MM TOPGUN LEADS
GT40 COIL
SET OF EXTRACTORS/ FLOWS
4 speed gearbox

my build thread is http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you want a closer look at whats been done.
from what i can see, to finish this car, it just needs the rust in the structural panels done (which i havent done as I'm unable to get it into my work), some panel beating on the small dents and a coat of paint. i took no shortcuts on the work that i did since i wanted this car to be of a high standard when it was finished. the distributor just needs to be put in the right place to get it going (a tune probably wouldnt hurt either once its all going) as i took it out to put a brand new electronic ignition in as the last one blew. undecided yet if i want to sell the engine separately as it would be alot more convenient to sell it as a whole. let me know if you're interested and we can talk from there. reg is on hold. would be an awesome little rocket when its finished but i need to move on
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Re: sadly selling my project 120y

Post by tlssunny »

what price range, just read through the build and iam very impressed. i would imagine this is a really good base for a nice datsun
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Re: sadly selling my project 120y

Post by ginga-dato »

I'm struggling to come up with a price for it. I know I'm not going to get anywhere near what I've put into it since its a project but don't know exactly what I'd be comfortable with selling it for. the engine/twin carbs/radiator/fuel regulator and electronic ignition owes me at least 6 grand. then theres the car itself with the suspension setup I've put in and the rims weren't cheap which I've heard they don't make them anymore. I forgot to put in the first write up that it comes with a brand new set of carpet, spare set of front door cards and a few other spare bits. I guess I'm open to realistic offers. I just hope that it goes to someone that will finish it to a high standard as I set to do when i started