Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by nick_m »

you have know idea!
I have owned it 4 years in Spetember, and its been off the road for most of that.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

hey man just been flicking through your thread great rebuild! need an update now tho! :mrgreen: i wanna read more more lol
deltapeco

Post by deltapeco »

wow you are an insparation... We are just at the beggining of our Dastun adventure.. you post has alot of great information for us keep the updates coming. That is going to be one very sweet ride.
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Thanks,
I should have a bit more to post up shortly, I've just been a bit slack and need to find my digital camera!
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

lol yeah get onto it! :badgrin:
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

well just to prove that i'm not a complete sack and have actually been doing some stuff heres some pictures. They are unfortunately cellphone pictures.
On a side note NEVER buy an LG ks500 slidy phone. I HATE IT. I have never in my life hated any single thing so much as this phone. I have just spent an hour trying to get the pictures off the god damn thing. I want to smash it.

Anyway here's the pictures

I've been painting stuff for the last ages, I don't really enjoy painting stuff it takes so long to get anywhere, Done all the rear suspension and half the front. Just the crossmember and front struts left to do on the front. i've also splashed some por15 round the seams where the windscreen rubbers sit and i've painted inside the rear wheel arches. The plan is to paint the underside of the body with por15 as I install stuff so that hopefully it won't need to come apart till it gets panelled and painted.

this is a bit of a shit picture, I didn't realise it was so dark until I uploaded it. What your looking at is my brake and clutch master cylinder all sandblasted, painted up, honed and ready for reassembly.

This are my front struts all TIG'd up (by the legend welder sean) and they've been crack tested and are sweet. Just need to weld on a tab for brake hose and they are ready for paint and the front crossmember needs the mounts finished then that can get painted

This is my next job
Cut this out.......

and put this in

It's all welded up but I need to leak test it then once I get a nissan fuel pump cradle/fuel sender ( A31/R32 steel bolt in jobbie if any one wants to donate one :) ) then I will make the ca18det fuel pump work with it and make the top plate and add the mount brackets and filler tube and add the bracing into the body to mount it....... So its still a wee way off yet.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Lookin good man! even though i saw it in the flesh on sunday haha. Got those nuts done for you dude ill txt you tomorrow.
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

i think i have some fuel cradle parts to donate if no one has anything.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

I haven't found anything yet. Nissbits wanted $60 for just the cradle and fuel sender!
There's a few bits on trademe that I am keeping an eye on but I certainly keep that in mind brendan. Thanks
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Good to see you chipping away nick, the only way to finish a project is just keep doing little bits.