FS: 1983 Datsun 1200 Truck, $4000, Wellington

Sell stuff
Seedy Al

FS: 1983 Datsun 1200 Truck, $4000, Wellington

Post by Seedy Al »

In case people havn't seen this on oldschool.co.nz, I am selling up my 1200 truck

So the time has come to make some calls on my cars, this one I am struggling with, I want to sell it, as I still have 7 cars, but I also want to get it road legal and enjoy it at least for a few months as I have stored it for so many years and only driven it on and off a trailer twice.

1983 Datsun Pick up, reg on hold, been off the road for some time.

Basic story, it used to have a 4age turbo in it, I have since pulled that and rounded up enough parts to go back to a standard Datsun motor. Note, gearbox tunnel has been cut out of this car and re-welded back in

So its the Low K's 1200 motor out of Beavers 120Y, which was running motorcycle carbs, which it still has.
4 speed gearbox,
Extractors, electric fuel pump.

Cross member is b210, so a bit different from the factory pickup one, and as a result mounts are different, however I have acquired some custom Mounts from bart simpson which would make this motor fit this cross member. I have also bought brand new rubber mounts to suit. These mounts have not been fit, so motor is all on a funny angle at the moment

So thats a bit of a story for not much description.

Lets do it this way,
Pros, its a reg on hold Datsun 1200 Pick up with plenty of parts including spares etc.
Sitting on 13x7 and 13x8.5 street fins with 2 brand new 175 60's and two very good second hand ones on the back.
Rear springs have been reset 85mm and comes with another set of factorys ones.
Have a set of coupe disc brake front struts complete with dics and calipers.
Golf front lip and Taiwanese front fender mirrors
New drivers guard also supplied
And a carbon fiber bonnet for lols

Cons: Front radiator support panel has been cut out in the past to fit an intercooler. I have bought a new radiator support panel to weld in, and doesnt look like to much work really.

Rust in the drivers floor. Front section has been replaced, has rusted behind that, should be easy fix, maybe 150mm squared.
Also a bit of rust in the tray which is a bit dumb, but not toooooo bad.
Panel work is what you see really, a mix of bog and rust repairs and primer.

Due to 4age conversion the gearbox mounts were cut out of the tunnel, I have acquired some second hand ones that need welding in also,

I have gone through everything. and there appears to be a few things missing. Door rubbers, 1 x chrome that goes along the door / window. bonnet chrome. and 1 x sill cover. Oh and B pillar vent covers.

As far as I can tell everything else is there. Lots of doubles on things, 2 windscreens and rear windows, there is a heater box and two cores, just all sorts of shit really.

Rear brakes need over hauling, and probably the master cylinder also.

front suspension is some spare struts with cut and compressed springs that dont fit correctly, they are fit purely for cosmetic reasons to gauge heights etc.

The wheels, I think would fit on the back with a bit of very minor guard work, the fronts, I dont think are the best offset and size. 6.5s with 175/50' would probably work better....

Pictures hopefully show everything, can get more if required of anything you want

after $4000 with the wheels, and thats about it, not overly keen to split anything, and kinda firm on price unless people really think I'm dreaming.

there are two options, If I dont have any serious interest in the next two weeks, I might just smash a bit of time and some money and make this a legal car again.

So yeah, veiwing welcome, more pictures can be taken,

And yes. hearts to all.

Text, or pm me

Would also consider $2800 if you can supply your own wheels.
Everything in negotiable at this point, there is a b310 wagon up for sale currently that might suit my needs better.

Cheers
Seedy Al

Re: FS: 1983 Datsun 1200 Truck, $4000, Wellington

Post by Seedy Al »

my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

How much for your wheels pal
Seedy Al

Post by Seedy Al »

only for sale with the truck at this point.
otherwise if it sells without the wheels and I happen to not find a home for the wheels I will let you know.
Seedy Al

Post by Seedy Al »

bump,

will consider part swap for wagon depending on what it is.
Connorb

Post by Connorb »

Hey man is this still for sale?