Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah! Sorry I didn't see you Vaughan too busy grinning from ear to ear!
chris_g1
Committee Members

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by chris_g1 »

Awesome Greg well done mate you must be fuzzing at the bung hole
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Shit yeah! Went for another dive last night and dropped her off at Nicks! 8-)
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Picked up the datto this morning from Nick's workshop so stoked with the results! He modified my exhaust as the handbrake cables were rubbing on it and made up a new turbo intake pipe as well!!

A while back I bought a filter shroud to go around my unifilter poddy to keep heat away from it, I had to make a few mods for it to fit but very happy with the result!

Wheel alignment is booked in for this coming Friday at Chamberlains and cert is booked for May 20th with Ian Smith. Can't believe how close this is getting to being done!! Still have a few things to get done like making sure window wipers and all the other electrics work I may need Dan Lodge to come and help me out with that... got to get speedo calibrated too. Before cert I've got to go for a wof check, will most likely get one of the mechanics I get on really well with through work to do that and fix anything small things I may have missed. Exciting!
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by 2 doors »

good job greg,
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Took this to Chamberlains friday morning to get a final wheel alignment before cert. Couldn't find a trailer or anything to tow a trailer with at short notice so ended up just driving it there. Which was ok I was just a bit sketchy incase I got pulled over.. one issue I've noticed that after a bit of driving I seem to get an intermittent loss of power and then it sort've stumbles back to normal again. Not ideal when turning into Moorehouse ave from Barbados st and you think it may cut out completely! Any thoughts or suggestions??? Picked her up after 5 that afternoon and proceeded to drive home. All was going good until about halfway home I noticed the car going slower even after putting my foot down, after taking my foot off the gas it would slow down soooo great my brakes are locked up. So just had to keep going as I had no other way of getting it back home and was definitely not leaving it overnight! Thus resulted in VERY VERY hot brakes that steamed and stunk once I got home..... would brake pads be toast now??? I have no idea how this happened as I've driven it a few times now and have never had this issue with the brakes! I really need to sort this out soon!!
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by brocky41 »

Were fronts rears or both all hot and steamy

I would say an issue with master but could be a number of things
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Could also be master cylinder adjustment to your booster again - ie the booster is so good / out of adjustment its pulling the brakes on. try undoing the booster vac line and plugging the hose - see if that comes back to normal unboosted.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Definitely all four were hot
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Proportioning valve maybe - im just throwing ideas down - def not fully returning though by the sounds of it.