Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by gman »

Datto_610 wrote:I've re-read the Rectification Sheet, and it doesn't actually mention specifically to reduce camber... It says:

*Rear wheels rubbing on inner body(which I know now they are not). Reducing negative camber may help.

*Confirm wheel alignment specs for rear suspension

*Supply new copy of wheel alignment.

I have been looking at these on the Datsport website but they are quite a bit shorter than what I have currently
http://www.datsport.com/suspension-rear ... S1601.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also jacked the arm up again to see if the bump stop hits the body first, it doesn't... The guys at Chamberlains put shorter ones in that don't seem to serve there purpose would it be better to put longer ones than whats in there or try track down some standard ones?

So I may not need to raise it up and may get away with just stiffening up the rear springs
That's right if you don't have to do any thing with the camber.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by Datto_610 »

Got given these bump stops to try these are 54mm high as opposed to the 38mm ones that were in there have fitted one so far and appears it will do the job but won't know for sure until I go for a drive.

I don't have any of the factory rubber spring seats that go on top of the rear springs which would give me a little extra height so maybe decrease neg camber a little? Anyone got any I could buy??

brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

You should have at work - if not we do lol
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I've had a look on the nolathane and superpro websites but doesn't look like they have the size I need... what do you have at your work?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

These

They are either 10mm or 14mm thick, have a groove around the inside for the spring to locate in.

Flick me a text tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by Datto_610 »

Went to BNT on Friday (yes my opposition...) and got two of the rubber spring packers pictured above. Just had to trim them down to suit the diameter of the spring then zip tied them to the spring as it didn't want to stay where it was when fitting the springs.

Installed the other bump stop and put the springs back in and the result was a higher rear end (less negative camber) couldn't test drive yesterday as the battery was flat :oops: charged that over night and went for a wee hoon! Feels so much better now! Doesn't squat down like it used to and nothing hitting or banging when you plant it! So I think it's safe to say the cert man should be pretty pleased with that. Just need to get another wheel alignment and can take it back for re-recheck. I have a feeling that it's a little uneven in the rear end height wise I gave it a few good runs but hopefully just needs to settle more. Oh and the CV boot has stayed on so far too!!

DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Yay, good work bro.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

DJZ wrote:Yay, good work bro.
Thanks man!, been a struggle to get to this point mainly as I lost motivation... but stoked now!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Nice one Greg, keep up the good work.

Its really good to hear the banging sounds of doom are no longer persistant.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Good work man , just in time for spring and summer.