The rusty ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
carps

Re: The rusty ute

Post by carps »

got sum new headlights and taillights plus finish the grille and painted the headlight cups and got new chrome rings...and all new chrome mouldings from japan...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carps

Post by carps »

made sum new kick panels they came out great...
cleaned up the original steering wheel that come up look awesum..... apart from the badge on the wheel as i couldn't get it flat i was scared i would damage it more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carps

Post by carps »

so i took the diff and a few other bits to work and got them sand blasted. plus painted a few more bits plus the diff...
i hope you guys are liking this build so far i've only got alittle more to go and then i'll be up to where i am with the ute at the moment...
carps

Post by carps »

ok so i ened up getting a coupe dash of a guy and it was glued together in spots so had to fix that up and plastic weld the dash.
carps

Post by carps »

so got the dash done... but did find sum more rust in the window holders so had to cut a fab up a piece and weld it all together now they are as good as new...
carps

Post by carps »

sooo... this is where i'm pretty much up to now...
the ute is nearly in primer ready to be painted..
plus i just brought a ca18det for her so should be alrite i guess..
plus just cleaned up the door cards.

i haven't really written much in regards to the build as i posted up so much stuff.
just hope you guys like this build so far and if you have any questions about anything don't be shy to say sumtin

hopefully have some more stuff up before xmas guys .......
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Are you doing all the body repairs? I havnt seen this before but you have brought this datto back from certain death and thats just awesome. Please keep your thread updated as will be interesting to see how it turns out.
What plans do you have on wheels and colour?
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Awesome job so far, I look forward to seeing pics with paint on, is it a Satin Black?
Honest I think if you had mad a home built Lotus 7 their would have been less of you in it, great effort, a lesser man would have just walked away!!!
Datsuns from A to Zed
carps

Post by carps »

hey guys thanks for the feedback...
um i haven really thought about what wheels to get yet. a bit undecided
as for the colour it is a satin black it was a tosss up from a charcol or satin black...
the ute will sort rat rod sort of not, i'm trying to keep all the interior original. as thats the look i'm going for.
As for all the body work that was the most painful part of this build alot of fabrication and welding/rust removal.
i never thought i would get it this way but she is comming along now.

will keep posting pic's up hopefully every weeekend not so much over xmas as i'm working sucks to be me.....
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Good man. Any thing is better than a dormant thread and satin black is a good choice if thats what your after.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500