The rusty ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
carps

The rusty ute

Post by carps »

Well thought it was about time i put up my build so all can see.....
There is alot of work i have done so far but we will start from the start when it was a ute covered in rust...
I'm sure everyone knows the proccess so i will just post all the pics up so you guys can have a look any questions or feedback feel free to comment,

did forget to mention it is a 1976 b120 ute
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by carps on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
carps

Re: The rusty ute

Post by carps »

as you guys can see it had a bit of rust but i'm sure its not that bad.
alot of it was surface rust as the guy i got it of just left it in the weather for a few years
so started to get rid of all the rust and removed everything so i was left with a bare shell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carps

Post by carps »

the build progress's
carps

Post by carps »

alrite well the tray was full of rust so that had to go bye bye...
i smoothed all the rail gutters off to give it the shaved look.
i got new front guards and now the front end is done. but i ended up shaving the front blinkers after all that effort.
well heres a few more pics...
carps

Post by carps »

just a few more pics of body work. it would have to be the most painful part of a car build..
carps

Post by carps »

alrite i brought a after market tail gate and it was 10mm to high where the lip is which sucked as i had to modifiy it to fit. the tray is now in and its flat now plus was it the process of mocking up the wheel archers..
i shaved the doors and the gas tank flap and fitted fender mirrors..
carps

Post by carps »

so more body work started to sand inside the car. i finished mocking up the inner wheel archers.
finished shaving all doors and guards. started pulling apart the leaf springs to get ready for paint.
carps

Post by carps »

so more body work started to sand inside the car. i finished mocking up the inner wheel archers.
finished shaving all doors and guards. started pulling apart the leaf springs to get ready for paint.

plus put a coat of paint on the front end and engine bay. this is the black the car is going be when its finished
carps

Post by carps »

now ive been doing some of the fiddly bits cause i was over doing body work so here's a few more pic's
carps

Post by carps »

well guess what there is more!!!!

i started to primer a few more thing like the leaf springs.
got a centre console off a mate but it was brown so had to paint it hope you guys like it....