my 1978 datsun 160j sss build

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
whittleone
Regular
aka: harry

Re: my 1978 datsun 160j sss build

Post by whittleone »

Hey guys,

yeah the grill looks awesome on it! really stoked!

put a new exhaust on today on the datto and it looks and sounds really mint and was a good well done job.

its dumping just behind the rear tyre and has heaps of ground clearance, the muffler is a a super turbo muffler and gives a nice smooth sound to it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

just thought i would update the build thread.

will put photos up soon

but i managed fail my latest wof on a couple of things, like the spacers on the wheels, some rust in the chassi rails and rear guard, seats need to be bolted down properly and locked diff.

i have got the rust repaired and the seats bolted down. and i need to find some cheap little rims or something like that as when i take the spacers off the rims the rims don't fit on as they hit on the suspension... :/ mares! anyone got any ideas??

also have just bought a nice tidy little z18et engine that I'm going to put into this car. will have to do a break upgrade I'm guessing so if anyone has any tips on what to do with this please would be muchly appreciated.
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I see your looking at heading to Akaroa but no updates on here. Any chance of pictures etc of what you have done. I really like this 160j, keen to see more
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

hey guys sorry havent been posting on here at all lately, been in wellington for uni and car was left in auckland... :( but to date this is what the car looks like and is in current progress to be sanded down (i do quite like the rusted out look and i may rock it for a while before i paint it a something different) for a new paint and panel in when i find time between work and other comittments. if you have any tips would be muchly appreciated!

hopefully lowering the front end this weekend,
also put on a nice little front lip which changes the whole look of the car in my opinion. Still think it needs to be a bit bigger though.
i have bought a z18et also which will hopefully be going in soon! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

Very nice man. Like the rusty look to
Monsta01
Regular

Post by Monsta01 »

man where did you get that lip! i been looking everywhere for one for my 160j
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

cheers guys migh keep playing with the rusty look a bit.

i got the lip off trademe, im pretty sure its off an old corolla fits quite nicely, in my opinion i think its a little small so looking for a bigger one
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

just lowered the front end, looks a bit better.

need to get some new front shocks though as they are screwed up next is more rust work
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

sorry forgot to post a pic yesterday... here it is, chuck us ya thoughts
whittleone
Regular

Post by whittleone »

so an up date on what ive done so far just been doing a little searching for rust.. haha got a little carried away and continuing to do some more rust, and thoughts on and easier way taking it off other than a grinder haha. Also did a bit of of the guard but havent got pictures yet ill add more soon

-looks like it used to have some sort of a wing? could have looked quite cool