deregd datto

For all your general datsun ramblings
nosebleed
Datsun Dreamer

deregd datto

Post by nosebleed »

ok so this datto im keen on is deregd.

is it a mission to get it back on the rd?

what is the process and what will it cost?

i know that itll need a cert, but other than that i have no idea how it all works..
I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Re: deregd datto

Post by 510BRE »

as long as you can prove it has been regestered in nz before and prove its not stolen then you can get it rereged for about 450 500 dollars and a good guestion to the seller is why was it dereged and you need to know if it was because off rust you will need to get it checked once rust repair by an engineer etc . hope this helps this might not be all you need to know
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

re rego costs around $400 to $500 from memory. it will involve a vtnz wof but shouldnt be too bad depending on condition of the car. or you could just try get some plates and tags off an old wreck. someone may have some. what datto is it?
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

$350 re reg, $350 rust cert which is normally needed for re reg, although if your not modifying it and it won't need certing you can normally just do the work and sneak it in as just a re reg.
I'd allow $700 or $1000 if needing certifying.

*disclaimer* info gleaned from cert man when I was looking at getting a dead rego 1600 with L20b.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

here is a thread all about it .
http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... =1&t=12930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nosebleed
Datsun Dreamer

Post by nosebleed »

hardly makes it worth it then ae..

why people let cars reg expire is beyond me...moorons!! :deadhorse: :crazy:
I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS
nosebleed
Datsun Dreamer

Post by nosebleed »

dirtyleppa wrote: or you could just try get some plates and tags off an old wreck. someone may have some. what datto is it?

what would these cost someone?

not into dodgey stuff but open to temptation :fart:
I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

dunno really, some people would keep the plates and tags from a wrecked car they maybe parted out. just ask around and see what people have
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Have been through this process with a KE30 (which I had picked up for $200 so it was worth it).

Only go through this process if you are willing to accept that you may have to spend a decent chunk of change that you may not have planned for.

With the KE30 took it through compliance and there was a small dent in one of the box rails where it must have crushed up on a jack or similar. Only affected the bottom surface of the box rail, the sides were fine and like I said it was just a smallish dent. This was the only thing the car failed on. We then needed to get that fixed by an approved repairer and have the repair certed by a repair certifier, so the car went off to the panel beaters and the repair certifier came to look at it. He proceeded to go around the car and stick a screw driver through the new paint into anything that looked like it could have some filler on it, or any spot he thought may have rust under it. A couple of bits we had smoothed out with filler, that just had dents (i.e a couple of patches on the firewall) he made us get new metal welded in. Long story short, cost something like $1800 for the panel beaters time and his time and then had to refinish all the spots.

Whilst it was a bit frustrating at the time (and expensive) at least the guy was ensuring the quality of old cars that are often full of rust going back on the road, but the point I am making is that for that one little thing in the box rail that didn't affect the integrity of the car (according to the panel beaters and others professionals we checked with), it cost around $2000 of unexpected cash.

Like I said, got the car as a runner for $200, and that is what I started learning about cars on, sold the car for $3500 or something, so covered a lot of the costs so neither here nor there really, but if I didn't have the cash at the time to get the repairs done, it would have been a real short trip.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Oh, and having said all that, do it anyway.

Give an old school the kiss of life :)
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50