Possible track day (chch)

torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Possible track day (chch)

Post by torqued »

Ok so ive been talking a good mate of mine who works at Ruapuna Raceway and he reckons he would be able to hook up us cheap day down at the track.
Now this will either involve "test laps" or a training day. The training day will be time trials , coaching , cone laps etc . Once i get a better idea about what you guys will be interested in i will be able to work out the finer details.

I want to keep the number of spectators down to a absolute minimum.
Im hoping for a very responsible attitude from all that attend NO FUCK WITS.
I will not tolerate muppets and fuck arounds. Not only will my name and credit be on the line but maybe club creditability depending on how you guys feel
Pricing will depend on numbers attending. Your car will need to be of resonability condition and more than likely in WoF condition

So i need these questions answered

Whos keen?
Is your car up to WoF standard (race cars owners speak up also)
What sort of day would you be interested in?
Do weekdays suit?
Would you be keen to slip this in under club name?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Possible trace day (chch)

Post by dirtyleppa »

Whos keen? im dead keen
Is your car up to WoF standard? can be relatively easily
What sort of day would you be interested in? saturday or sunday
Do weekdays suit? if need be, then yes. but some advanced notice would help alot
Would you be keen to slip this in under club name? why not. would be good promo wise
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

NO FAIR, I only have a piece of shit of a daily driver. i'd be dead keen if I had something worthy. I reckon the coaching/time trials would be cool, everyone can always benefit from some improvement in driving skills.
I agree though, no fuck wits. If people want to do burnouts and crap they can do them out the back of mcleans island or whatever dodgey back round they do them out now a days.
It might just have to be one of those instances where you have to take a hard line, 1 slides ok. 1 massive smokey slide all the way around the sweeper is probably pushing it. Since I only own a POS give me a yell if you need a hand organising Adam.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

agreed with both of you. there will have to be almost no leeway with boy racer nonsense etc on track. for me the cool thing will be the coaching etc. would love to have a good day out with the bluebird.

maybe you could make it club members only, maybe slightly cheaper for financial members, and if you havent been on a cruise/ event in the past, they could only participate through an A-OK from a participating member
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

I dont think there would be any problems with behaviour. Its a great idea pity my car is broken!
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Possible track day (chch)

Post by torqued »

Coaching will be by a professional race car instructor if we do decide to go that way.

@Nick m. in regards to drifting technically you are not aloud to even practice even during their test days, the track maintenance guy takes his "job" very seriously drifting is generally only reserved for drift events. lame i know. but ill see what i can swing between now and then

@Nick m. I dont think ill need any help in the general organizing but on the day depending on what we decide to do. I will need help with setting up on the day
dirtyleppa wrote:maybe you could make it club members only, maybe slightly cheaper for financial members, and if you havent been on a cruise/ event in the past, they could only participate through an A-OK from a participating member
If you have someone vouch for you also. But we will be following strict guide lines I don't want to sound like a kill buzz but if things don't go smoothly it will ruin chances of future runs.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

torqued wrote: If you have someone vouch for you also. But we will be following strict guide lines I don't want to sound like a kill buzz but if things don't go smoothly it will ruin chances of future runs.
yeah, thats what i meant to say. dont worry about sounding like a kill buzz. if shit went down bad, it would put you, the clubs name and whoever else in a bad light and ruin any chance we could have in the future
Speed_Freak
Financial Member
aka: Matt

Post by Speed_Freak »

I would be keen if the strip was open :lol: But most of our Datsuns arent even built for going around a track so theres not much point IMHO (solid axle fail) + I need to setup a surge tank if im gonna try any track work :badgrin:
1972 Datsun CA18 supercharged 1200 coupe (old skdmrx)
1976 Mazda 808/RX 12a Rotary
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual ;)
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

my wagon doesnt belong anywhere near a track, but im gonna give it a damn good go. ive done a grasskhana in my laurel and it was the most fun ive ever had. doing it on a proper track would be 100x cooler
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

yeah I wasn't getting at wanting to drifting more that it would be frowned upon. In this instance race track is for racing, no silly buggers. Not interested in the drifting thing anyway.