Possible track day (chch)

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Possible track day (chch)

Post by classicdat »

Keep March 26th clear!!!

Hope our own day can still happen, but in the mean time we can join in on the Lancia Fiat Club Track day if we want, let me know if you are interested and I'll sort the details. Cost looks like $55 per driver, they have had different clubs join them in the past and sent them out in their own group if there were enough, they can do the same for us if we want.
First part of the day is set aside for driver education, with a race driver taking you around, in your car, then have a go yourself for the rest of the day.

Let me know if you are keen.
Last edited by classicdat on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

hells yeah. Better pull finger and actually get my car done. In reality it probably won't be built in time but atleast i'll have a goal!!
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

sounds good, keep us updated. im dead keen
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

As far as I know we are still all go to join the Fiat Lancia club on the 26th of March out at Ruapuna. Something to aim for in getting your car done! I'll find out what is required to run, Scruitineered, Wof or what.
Any more word on our own track day?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I don't think it's been looked into anymore yet.
More realistically, I can see us teaming up with other clubs to piggy back/jointly hold trackdays. NZHondas often invite NZsilvia to their days as they struggle to get the numbers themselves to make it viable. I think we'd fall nto the same boat. I talk to one of the silvia club guys a bit, so out best bet for the time being will be to tag along with other clubs.

edit, plus I need to try and keep my f-king car running long enough to attend one too!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

The bimmersport Crew are always keen for a track day & they have a very good repuation at Ruapuna for keeping it sensible and such.

( also some seriously nice machinery too )

it would be neat to see the old datsuns & bimmers mixing it up for something a little diffierent !
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

DO you have the contacts to get this happening? Summer gets pretty busy out at the track but if they have something booked it would be great to get involved.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

hey, theres a trackday at ruapuna coming up soon. Check out this link if youre keen.
http://nzhondas.com/forum/upper-south-i ... -more.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Bartman wrote:edit, plus I need to try and keep my f-king car running long enough to attend one too!
Jeebas what has you done to the poor thing now?
I dub you hearby just as bad the the ministockers!
classicdat wrote:DO you have the contacts to get this happening? Summer gets pretty busy out at the track but if they have something booked it would be great to get involved.
I did yea. My good mate works at the racing school at ruapuna so i could get a mega awesome deal plus inscrutionds from a profression race driver but i had a lack of interest to get things moving
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Keen as on the Honda day, if you've never been, would like to come for a skid, and can get the time off, get on out to the track Dec 13th and I'll take you round, full cage, harness etc, the B track should be quite fun, especially into turn 1!
Datsuns from A to Zed