Brake shoe locators - Datsun 620 or similar

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
sparkle

Brake shoe locators - Datsun 620 or similar

Post by sparkle »

So have had one of these fall out on me. Shoes kinda flop round, so not ideal. I think mine is a H190? diff? Someone will probably know better than me.
Hoping that these will be on 720s etc as well.
Anyone have anything?
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Brake shoe locators - Datsun 620 or similar

Post by classicdat »

It looks like you have broken the locater off the back of your adjuster, you may be able to get brake adjusters new, with a wait. If they are impossible to locate, (sorry unintentional pun) you could try drilling and tapping and using a bolt with a large washer to locate it and allow the slide movement, not ideal, but better that how it is now.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Pretty sure you can still get new wheel cylinders, most new kits come with new clips etc...... I will find out tomorrow and give you a text and/or a PM.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Sounds like its a Nissan only part. Try ringing Nissan and asking for some 620 rear drum brake adjusters.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Circled are the bits I need.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Does anyone know what became of the original diff out of Vetty's ute? That would have had some of these on it one would think.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............