Just a few things to ponder...

all your DIY needs
A15VB310

Just a few things to ponder...

Post by A15VB310 »

2 things I have on my mind today...

1. Any way to use a Bee*R rev limiter on a carb'd car, such as an A15? (No, I'm not getting one! Just adding to my knowledge of how things work)

2. What colour would suit the ol' Dat? Me and Brent (fast4motion), (also the previous owner as many will know) have thrown around a few ideas, but nothing has stuck so far. Also, it's on different wheels now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sold my Toyota for this.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: Just a few things to ponder...

Post by dirtyleppa »

i personally prefer the white it is in at the moment.

as for a rev limiter, you possibly could use a stand alone ignition module/ecu setup to suit
DAT620
Datsun Driver
aka: J

Post by DAT620 »

No on the rev limiter the voltage spikes are too much for the unit
No matter where you go, there you are.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

dirtyleppa wrote:i personally prefer the white it is in at the moment.

as for a rev limiter, you possibly could use a stand alone ignition module/ecu setup to suit
You Mean like an MSD6 which cuts spark randomly ? and you can just set it to like 6000, 7000 or whatever ?
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

yeah thats what i ment
A15VB310

Post by A15VB310 »

I was just throwing the idea around with the limiter thing. Datto wouldn't actually be too bad with one really.

Colour wise, I want to paint it at some point (wallet permitting) the white shows up EVERYTHING even if ypu touch it with slightly dirty hands it leaves stains. I put the lawn mower in the boot and when I shut it I left fingers marks on the boot from dirt/grass on the mower. It soaks up oil, grease, tar... Right pain in the ass, plus being a matte finish, cut and polish isn't an option.
There's a sort of grey on the VE Commodores that I really like, thinking of going with that and respray wheels to suit (bronze maybe). Or again with a Holden colour, there's a darker red they come with too, but not sure if the wagon would suit it. Time for photoshop.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

IMHO Grey disappears, went to the supermarket and there must have been 20 grey cars in a row. You own this because it is different, if you are going to paint it make it stand out. I painted my 1200 in Std Mican Orange, haven't regretted it.

As for the rev limiter, why? Are you not running an 'A' Series? They don't need limited, they'll rev to Japan if they are set up right, no worries, again and again! I did bend Valves once but that was because the Flywheel shore off, reckon it saw 12000.
Datsuns from A to Zed
A15VB310

Post by A15VB310 »

I'm not too keen to stick out that much, orange may be a little to out there. I love the matte white but it's a prick to keep clean... Yeah, being all balanced and lightened the A15 will pull a few revs... Some side draughts would help that, she'd probably run out of go-juice after 9k on the carb it has now. I've seen the needle go off the counter twice now, it makes me soil my undies. Sounds bad ass with the gilmer belt though :D
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Just go to the local wrecker and get some 200,000k valve springs out of an A12, that will limit your revs.
Datsuns from A to Zed
A15VB310

Post by A15VB310 »

classicdat wrote:Just go to the local wrecker and get some 200,000k valve springs out of an A12, that will limit your revs.

Or kill it?