Nissan making v8 supercar comeback

all else goes here...
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Nissan making v8 supercar comeback

Post by kobyn »

Jst seen on ozzy sport news nissans back in v8 supercars in 2013 im happy as not sure if holden n ford fans will be didnt nissan godzailla clean up back in the day .
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Nissan making v8 supercar comeback

Post by torqued »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQOIXiXmLd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Love it! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see them back if the news is true!!

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

After the way they were treated last time I wouldn't blame them to telling them to p..s off. This modern racing makes me laugh, you can race anything you like as long as it runs a Chev engine, really, so how is it that Andy Knight thinks he is driving a Ford. (Fraud!)
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aTqu6x ... AAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome vid - go Nissan
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

brocky41 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aTqu6x ... AAAAAAAAAA

Awesome vid - go Nissan
Yeah good vid, was waiting the whole time for them to reveal the Nissan car but they didn't!!

I enjoy watching bathurst as is (more as an event/get together over beer and bbqs plus the motorsport of course), but having some different cars in the mix will make it a whole lot more interesting.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Evil13
Financial Member
aka: kane

Post by Evil13 »

I'm on the fence with this one be awesome to see nissans out there again but I think it might ruin the series better off with a American or Australian manufacter Japan is to advanced
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

Japan is no more advanced than GM or Ford on a production level at least, hell even on a development level they are probably even similar...

Either way, whatever level of technological advancement Nissan is at vs Ford or GM will be a moot point. The new Car of the Future class that is being implemented in 2013 (when Nissan is said to be joining the fray) is essentially a silhouette class. Each car will be based on identical architecture - that is, the chassis, cage, suspension and gearbox/transaxle will be the same regardless of what badge the car bears on it's grille. I THINK the engine will be a variable under the COTF rules but everything I'm finidng still is a bit ambiguous on that front.

Also sick of the "awrh they banned the GT-R cos it won too much" viewpoint too... they quit Group A touring car racing worldwide, not merely in Australia as costs were getting extreme and interest was waning by 1992. Aussie went to the Holden/Ford V8 Supercar formula, Japan to JGTC and Supertouring, Germany to DTM, Britain to BTCC/Supertouring, France and Belgium went to their own weirdo series of "evolved" Group A cars while many other European nations adopted the supertourers. Just keen to set the balance straight/passionate about touring car racing.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

From what I've read on the net the car Nissan will be using is a J32 Maxima, which I'm pretty sure is fwd, so will they be doing rwd conversion or keep it fwd???
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

They are using a common platform under the new Car of the Future (COTF) regulations, which is the same chassis regardless of car, with control gearbox/driveline, suspension, brakes and wheels etc. So yes it will be RWD.

So it's a car that just looks like a Maxima (Maxima panels bolted to the generic platform) but is the same underneath as the Holdens, Fords and whatever else decides they want to enter. Engines will be the major differing component between manufacturers as I understand,