Good brake upgrade for Datsun 1200??

all your DIY needs
72_1200
Regular

Good brake upgrade for Datsun 1200??

Post by 72_1200 »

So have changed my mind about the size of wheels I want to run. Have 15s but have decided to go down to 13s, this way I can basically run any size rim I want, and better gearing with smaller tyres.
Problem is I have a full set of gtst discs and that I was going to use but 13s will never fit over them.
Car has a 12a pp rotary in it so will need semi decent brakes.

Probably end up with wilwood dynalites or similar but don't know which factory discs to use.

Will s13 discs with the low profile wilwoods fit inside 13in super lites or they a little big?

Don't have much Nissan knowledge so any help is much appreciated.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Good brake upgrade for Datsun 1200??

Post by Bartman »

I don't know if they'll clear your wheels or not, but mine clear the 13 inch tridens on my S13 brakes. If you wanna bring a wheel round to test fit on my car to see, flick me a txt some time.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
72_1200
Regular

Post by 72_1200 »

Might do that cheers!
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

How did you get on in the end? Im needing some new brakes but only have 13's also so keen to hear what you did with yours?
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Bartman,i will like to see how yours looks mind throwing up a few pics of it :) ?

I am currently using 13'' wheels and trying at the s13 upgrade but i have some rim clarence issues. :(
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
72_1200
Regular

Post by 72_1200 »

buzzy wrote:How did you get on in the end? Im needing some new brakes but only have 13's also so keen to hear what you did with yours?

bought wilwood dynalite calipers out of the states with adjustable reverse swing pedal box and compact mastercylinders.

then used mitsubishi galant front discs and spun up custom spacers then made caliper brackets. works mint.