Daves 1966 Prince B200

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dave123456789

Daves 1966 Prince B200

Post by dave123456789 »

Hey guys a while ago someone got in touch with me on oldschool to make a thread here as there are some Prince fans here (The car, not the singer)

Shes a 1966 Model, Vauxhall 3.3 with the Prince 3spd manual transmission. Was my everywhere driver for about a year and a half before failing a wof for ball joints so I parked it up in storage and have not touched it since.

All that is changing now though, Im getting her back on the road as soon as possible. Going to reco all the ball joints, chuck a new clutch it it then get her a nice new wof. Plans after that are to remove the stupid sun roof someone put in and do a bit of panel work. Gas tank also needs to come out as it was the reason I have broken down 20+ times in this car, rust making its way to the carb and blocking all my shit up. Front is very low as its got cut springs and hardly and travel, back is still stock.

ImageImage Sweet CB radio and PA system. Good times :)

Still in really good condition, some dodgy looking bit on some panels but overall is solid as.
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Daves 1966 Prince B200

Post by Bartman »

Welcome Dave!
I was just admiring your build thread at os the other day.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dave123456789

Post by dave123456789 »

Bartman wrote:Welcome Dave!
I was just admiring your build thread at os the other day.
Hey thanks, was first time I had updated it in over a year I think. Googling Prince spares sent me here and I remembered I was suppose to sign up.

It more of a maintenance thread at the moment. Should all change pretty quick. I am aiming to get it road legal and drivable first then try get a bit more grunt and bring it up to a more presentable level.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

welcome Dave, cool ride, good to see something a little more unusual making the forum, keep the progress pics coming please
dave123456789

Post by dave123456789 »

Been doing a bit of work on it lately.

Have the fuel tank out and am getting that cleaned out and fixed up on Monday.

Ball joints all removed, trying to track down a replacement for a cracked one. Will be rebuilding the others.

Gearbox off and clutch is out. Got to send that off to get one made up/replaced.

If I get time on monday after I do all that i'll head back out to the warehouse and remove the rear end so I can get the leaf spring mounts swapped over so the leaf is then under the axles. Should lower it about 2.5 inches. Will see if need to play with the leafs after that.

Didnt take many photos but heres a couple of random ones.
Heres a gearbox, still the original 3spd.

Slowly pulling it all out. First time doing it so just kind of winged it.

Chassis tag, must try track myself down a G7 engine before they are extinct :(