Shock inserts for lowering my coupe....

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

bike is slightly injured so have some coin to throw around before new parts are required. need to lower the front, im assuming with shorter shock inserts and springs? if someone can list here what i need/where to get the parts id be grateful :D
1972 1200 coupe KB110
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Re: Shock inserts for lowering my coupe....

Post by mint16 »

Ive got new kyb shocks shortened 2.5inches and avenger springs for sale.
Give me a ring saturday arvo.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Re: Shock inserts for lowering my coupe....

Post by joelbrown »

Ive recently lowered my 1200 ute bout 3.5-4'' all round. For the front i took my struts to autolign chch and got the strut housing shortened to jst above the spring seat and then got mk2 VW Golf munroe inserts installed to suit the shorter hsg. I got some 200lb springs custom made, but you could go with some cobras etc and gt them compressed if needed, ive got heaps of travel up front now even tho its fairly slammed. Because my setup is non-adjustable and iv still got 100mm clearance under the car (except exh) and good suspension travel i still get wof no probs and is all legit. I did note that with standard struts with springs removed it still had bout 90-100mm ground clearance. Rear is jst re-set leaves 2'' with 2'' blocks. Also ive jst installed a 120y sway-bar, id recommend doin it.
1990 1200 ute
woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Post by woodies72coupe »

Luke, let me know what you do? I want to sack my coupe 2 inches as well!i got a 120y sway bar coming as well!!