FOR SALE - TUFDAT's Full CA18DE Conversion -

Sell stuff
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

FOR SALE - TUFDAT's Full CA18DE Conversion -

Post by brocky41 »

Hi guys - change of direction for TUFDAT my B210 120Y Sedan.

Up for sale is the Complete CA18DE Conversion to suit a B210 120Y. SO.......

NO mods to the firewall or gearbox tunnel in my car apart from new hole for the shifter.

Engines x2

2xCA18DE engines complete 1xs13 and 1xu11 bluebird.
The S13 one has a suspect blown headgasket but could have been the half blocked radiator that was causing the overheating. We have managed to do 45,000kms on this unknown engine.
The bluebird engine is the replacement and im halfway through swapping manifolds over from the RWD engine as last time i had it out Dan (datsunboy) and i had removed any heated lines etc that were not needed. Ive got all the gaskets for putting back together and John (broke) has kindly drilled the factory mount on the block for the LH engine mount as the FWD engine had the factory bosses but they were undrilled.
This last owner of the bluebird engine had replaced alternator, cambelt (not tensioners :deadhorse: ) alt belt, plugs and rocker cover gaskets. I have not had running but only removed from car as was rusty (which i can agree with)

Ill try list everything that comes with it - and explain whats been done with parts aswell.

If my new engine doesnt fit the mount on my xmember i will supply the custom xmember with nolothane mounts (looks like a maddat one)

Engines x 2 - include coilpacks, manifolding and rwd exhaust manifold (painted VHT flame black)
Underdrive Red Alloy Pulleys
Alloy Air Intake Pipe - with silicone joiners, brackets, pod filter and adapter. (makes the AFM mount in factory spot)
1x AFM
1x CA18DE Computer ( with loom etc - will include as much as posible - only cut wires should be the ones to the ignition etc).
Custom 2 into 1 Downpipe (comes with standard one to swap flanges to use standard gaskets as the custom one blew them all the time)
Most of the exhaust pipe under the car to the diff.

RWD radiator s13 - only a few mods to fit - radiator hoses are not hard but i may need those

1x RWD 5 Speed Gearbox - was good when it was in last with shifter etc
1x Flywheel - machined only 1000kms ago
1x HD Clutch only done around 1000kms
Driveshaft - if not for 120y will give one front yolk
I will also supply the NEVILLE OVEREND (thanks dad) special gearbox x member if it doesnt work with my new stuff.

With this conversion the factory 120y speedo worked and just needed slightly modded accelerator cable which i can help new owner with.

Everything else i have that is CA18 related will be offered to whoever buys it - lots of little bits and pieces - otherwise will be sold seperately.

heres a few pics - let me know what you think - with the mounts and everything im looking at offers around $1500 - this is basically a bolt in kit into a 120y.

It used to go very well - it would go even better with a 4.1 diff instead of the 3.78? it has (pulls over 130 in third)

Keep in mind the maddat kits are now $800AUS and you have to send them a engine xmember.

This one here is on trade me atm and doesnt include the gearbox etc.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 187041.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also for the right $$ I may sell the front struts out of this - great for a road / light track work car

They are R31 front struts with....

120y spring cups welded on
1200 top hats
Cut and hard captive Rear Avenger Springs
Near New KYB inserts (1500km) - bout $120 each new
Near New Front Rotors (hub and disk are one - bout $120+gst new now)
Near new front pads (bendix)
Near new Wheel Bearings fitted
Will throw in the steering arms that are the right spacing with bolts.

Makes a y sit this low

Offers
brocky41
Financial Member

Re: TUFDAT's Full CA18DE Conversion - MAKE YOUR 120Y CA POWE

Post by brocky41 »

open to all reasonable offers- if 120y fitting parts are not needed will lower the price - let me know.

Also the struts bolt to 310 sunny arms so could go in 1200 b110, 120y b210 or sunny b310
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

This would be a great upgrade for a "Newby" doing a repower,
all the hard work is done, and advice and experience is there to help the new owner.

But more importantly, what is TUFDAT going to get under the hood, before it turns into a track day fun machine???!!! :burnout:
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Kitch wrote:This would be a great upgrade for a "Newby" doing a repower,
all the hard work is done, and advice and experience is there to help the new owner.

But more importantly, what is TUFDAT going to get under the hood, before it turns into a track day fun machine???!!! :burnout:
Strapping in the FJ20ET i had lined up for the 1200 for max grunt, do skids all day up hillclimbs etc - maybe even enter a D1 event?? Be pretty cool to line up an s13 with a 120y getting hella sideways.

Have also fallen in love with the flares on this Katayama RX3

torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Still road legal?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

yip for sure ill just recert later on - gonna run a hilux diff etc and the adjusties so will be full recert.

Will prob get her running and trailer it for a while first.

Want 400 atw hp and a passenger seat for extreme rides :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
damz721
Financial Member
aka: Damian

Re: FOR SALE - TUFDAT's Full CA18DE Conversion -

Post by damz721 »

Very tempting..
- 77 B210 S/W
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

DOOOO IIIIT!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Rusty
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ryan

Post by Rusty »

I'm keen on the kit Brock. Do you think it will need much modding to suit a b310 and ca18det
kb110
Datsun Dreamer

Post by kb110 »

Drive in straight lines unless you cut the heck out of the firewall :(