Now otisd's b310 sunny project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Surfez
Financial Member

Now otisd's b310 sunny project

Post by Surfez »

This is my project car, suspension work was done when purchased and otherwise original low kms 3 owner car. In the process of building a15 performance engine. Have fitted these wheels after spending hours reconditioning them as didn't like the flat faced six star rims she had. Now has speakers and stereo. A15 engine under construction so far... twin 40mm delloroto carbs with ram tubes soft mounted, major head porting with heavy valve springs and skimming. Mazda 1500 flat top piston decked block, stage 4 race cam, light flywheel, polished crank and balanced bottom end, coby extractors and 2inch exhaust, electronic dizzy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun Sunny B310 sedan, 3 Owner, Very hot A15 motor, 5 speed, lowered on 14's
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: Hamilton b310 sunny project

Post by Flauski »

ooooo looks good and engine plans sound goooooood
woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Hamilton b310 sunny project

Post by woodies72coupe »

Good choice to keep the carbs!! I love the sound they make!! Should go hard!! What compression ratio are you trying to achieve? For fast street I presume?
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

VERY CLEAN RIDE, looks great
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Yes, building for street and maybe a club day or two. I've gone for "very fast" street cam... compression ratio raised to run this cam, havn't got the figures for compression ratio as its a battle between decking the block, skimming the head (still to be done) after market pistons that may require valve clearance in piston tops afterwards. Porting included combustion chamber work for flow around the valves etc, so... yes, it will be higher but not "race gas" rated performance.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Ready to remove the gearbox and tidy up with new synchro mesh, while the engine is in final stages at the engine shop. Valve to piston clearance check, rocker angle check, head bolt length, carburetor set up and basic assembly still required before fitting the modified engine but it's time to start the process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Original engine with some minor detailing work when I first brought the car, it actually has plenty of get up and go as is with a standard a15 minor exhaust port work but original manifolds and old carb, 2 inch exhaust is rather untidy and restrictions in the diff bends won't help. I'm really looking forward to the power of the new engine, the sound of side drafts and finishing this project off to enjoy.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Looking good I am liking the engine plans, look forward to start up video and some on the road pulls, with that Twin carb soundtrack.
Datsuns from A to Zed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Flauski wrote:ooooo looks good and engine plans sound goooooood
Flauski does love his 310's - hes up to having owned 6 :o :shock:

Welcome - and cool project - i too have a soft spot for a good 310
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Pictures maybe slightly boring this week but the gearbox is out and ready for a reco on the bench at home. Should have some engine pictures soon and I'm thinking of listing some part numbers that I struggled to find, such as piston part numbers etc. May list build cost also to show people the a15 ...trade price... of a race engine and cost cutting areas.