mikey205s b310 sunny

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mikey205

mikey205s b310 sunny

Post by mikey205 »

hey guys new to this fourm but I was like man I have no Datsun lovers around me to share my ride with, so here I am, my wife told me I was aloud to go buy a project car, win!! so I picked up this bad boy

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: mikey205s b310 sunny

Post by classicdat »

Good Score she's a keeper! and the Sunny looks good too ;)
What are your plans?, A series for Awesomeness, CA, FJ, VG, VH???
So may options, Would be great to hear what the project plans are. Welcome aboard
Datsuns from A to Zed
mikey205

Post by mikey205 »

so the build started an its kinda my first project car, ive always been keen on the idea of having one but never had the chance to do it so the luckly Datsun is my first toy to hopfuly not screw up,

so first thing I did was went and got a spoiler of a 1997 cefiro flipped it an turned it into my chin spoiler

then I found out the radiator cap was stuffed so had to get a new one and thought myt as well put a over flow on as well

after that my mate txt me an was like bro you got a new car I have some wheels to sell you, then we lowerd it an resprayed the front an rear bumbers to tidy them up, found some Datsun badges to cover the holes where the old mirrors where an that's where im up to with it at the moment, heres how shes looking

so that's where I have got it in 2 months of owning it now,

the next plans for it are front fender mirrors hopfuly find aduck spoiler for it to, re cover the seats casue they look like some one locked a cat in there to chase a mouse, bigger plans change the a15 an 3 speed auto in it to a sr20 carby maby will see how it goes,
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

Like it a lot, fender mirrors hmmm I personally wouldn't
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

love the stance, SR on Carbs, emm should sound good, Good progress
Datsuns from A to Zed
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Had this car on my watchlist, looked like a good project to me. Love the wheels...what size are they and tyre size please? Still trying to find a nice set of reasonable priced wheels for my car. Good to see the progress so far.
Datsun Sunny B310 sedan, 3 Owner, Very hot A15 motor, 5 speed, lowered on 14's
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Looking sweet bud!

How did you lower the front end? looks quite low, like my red one.
Do you have any probs with front shock travel being insufficient & bottoming out?
mikey205

Post by mikey205 »

the are 185s 60 13s
its dose bottom out some times but mostly only when I have passengers, but if I do a engine swap ill upgrade to adjustys
mikey205

Post by mikey205 »

one of my mates had a Datsun with a a15 in it an he said he rebuilt an went algoods now, do you guys think its worth me rebuilding the a15 an getting a man gear box for it, or would a sr be way beter, btw I now jack all about engines an how to rebuild an all that jazz but the idea of this car was for me to learn it all.
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

If you want to learn then rebuilding an A-series is a great way to learn, really simple engine, no complicated twin cams or anything. IMHO they are a sweet wee engine, they rev to Japan, and sound fantastic with twin Dellortos/Webers/Solex bolted on the side.
It doesn't matter how much Horse power you have, it will never be enough :D
A-Series give a great feeling, from their Awesome sound and revs, and you can give it a right thrashing without risking your licence or life too much, and probably enjoy it more because it is pure fun without the stress involved in breaking world land speed records.
I like modified cars, I appreciate SR swaps and think that would be cool, and yes they could blow you off, but on a race track, or over the period of a day there won't be much in it. Mine can still do 6 l/100K and my car is probably better balanced and more reliable; Because of the investment Mr Nissan made in making it all work together back in the day.
Bang for bucks A-Series in my book, Bang for cool??? (Although a high reving Twin carbed or ITBed A-Series is a sweet sounding engine).
Another thought; if you are interested in competing in motor-sport check out the class capacities, i.e. 0-1300, 1300-1600 etc. A12s sound just as good as A15s, are easier to come by. (Not sure what is Std to your car) I have dragged an A12 powered 310 and it saw off a similarly modified A14 powered 1200 coupe and 120Y, so power can be similar too.
Sorry to rant, but that is my 2 c worth. Once you cut into your car and invested in an engine swap you will probably never go back. And an A-Series repower won't lay your car up for....years :P
Datsuns from A to Zed