my factory turbo 910 project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dylanmccrae

my factory turbo 910 project

Post by dylanmccrae »

i have just brought myself a factory turbo sss 910. doesnt run no wof reg on hold.
started work on it. if someone can show me how to put up pictures will do asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dylanmccrae on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dylanmccrae

Re: my factory turbo 910 project

Post by dylanmccrae »

as soon as i got the car i was straight to work, the engine out and ready for rebuild, i was also trying on my 15x9s off my 30, they dont quite fit without hitting the gaurd, they also look bit small almost soo thinking about running 16x8? also that way it will lift the car to get it above that 100mm mark, at the moment its at about 93mm in the rear. haha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Man I really considered this thing years ago while I was living in Nelson haha wicked looking forward to seeing it go
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

engines almost fully striped, everything other then the pistons. not to sure if i should do rings and bottom end.. the head is in at the engine reconditioners being reconditioned as i speak. took the cam in with me to get it checked out because it didnt look healthy, turns out its not and i might need a new one :/. z18 engines are not easy to come by so not sure what getting a new one will be like. have also given most parts a tidy and the block a spary and its looking pretty good... ordered in a full engine gasket set today too :) should take to much longer to get going. any suggestions on a good turbo to use..?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

if your bores, and crank are in reusable condition, a hone, rering, and new bearings wont be too dear.
Plus, fitting a minted out head to a used block can cause mad oil consumption.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

t28 turbo is perfect for 1800-2000cc engines. Same turbo in a GTiR and some Silvia.
My orangatang 510 here.
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

yeah, just priced it all up for rebuilding bottom end and it shouldn't be to much as long as everything else is in tip top shape. i was thinking big t28? with custom made top mount set up. or if anyone knows of where to buy a already made top mount manifold.?
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

just had a call from the engine reconditioners and they have said the head is cracked... so far so good!! :/
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

dylanmccrae wrote:just had a call from the engine reconditioners and they have said the head is cracked... so far so good!! :/
Whoops! Which recon shop do you have it at? The Engine Shop (AIMEX)?
My orangatang 510 here.
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

is at netech in nelson.