Craigs Sr20det 620 Ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Garth
Financial Member

Craigs Sr20det 620 Ute

Post by Garth »

Hey all, so this is my brothers 620 ute. some of you may recognise it as snails old one with the ca18de in it. while I save some money for my 1200 I get to play round on this :D

he has decided he wants to have something that is more his own build rather then drive round something that someone else has built so out comes the ca and in goes an sr20det. he brought it probably about 6months ago and has daily driven it but with the gearbox on its way out and some rust starting to pop through its time to get serious...

research online says the ca to sr swap is pretty straight forward but every second person you ask says that's not the case and they just don't line up the same...so I figured the best way to find out was to rip the ca out and just give it a shot...and as you see below it fits 8-)

pics from when first purchased and then progress of the motor swap so far..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garth
Financial Member

Re: Craigs Sr20det 620 Ute

Post by Garth »

all that was required to make the sr fit was to take the ca mounts and bolt them to the sr and taadaaaaa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

now is when I need the knowledge of all you crazy cobbers....the only issue we have so far is the motor does not fit in with the alternator attached due to the location of the stearing column....
the best solution I can see is to mount the alternator on the otherside as we have heeeaaaps of room over there...has anyone heard of this being done before? should be easy enough to make up a bracket and get it sorted..but any thoughts would be great
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

purchased a nice shiny alloy radiator seeing we have so much room and scored a cheap small front mount that I have mocked up and should be able too keep pretty well hidden behind the valance...
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

the gearbox that was in it doesn't appear to have been a ca one (not sure what it was off), so the sr one is a bit longer so the bench seat will have to go and be replaced with a couple of bucket seats....

after playing around with getting gearbox sorted everything will get pulled back out and it can go get rust repairs and a nice shiny new paint job...stay tuned
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Sweet. Keep the pics coming.
My orangatang 510 here.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

AWesome dude, Any chance of an ass pic? The misses craves one of these.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

torqued wrote:AWesome dude, Any chance of an ass pic? The misses craves one of these.

:shock: :lol: ohh, so so many things that could be said ..............
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

torqued wrote:AWesome dude, Any chance of an ass pic? The misses craves one of these.
here ya go adam...picture of its bum
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

So cool. :D
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."