Adjustables

all your DIY needs
z181200
Datsun Mad

Adjustables

Post by z181200 »

Thinking of converting my front struts to adjustables some time in the future. The shocks and struts have already been shortened so i just need the thread, bolts and spring.
Where do you get them from?

What sort of price am i looking at?

Do i need anything else?

And what sort of spring rate should i use? Bearing in mind the z18 in the front.
CSP

Re: Adjustables

Post by CSP »

I could sell you a mean set of springs and sleeves. 250lb springs so will be sweet for z18 weight, and they are built for 1200 struts so are a real nice slip fit. Would want to recoup what they cost me as they are unused. pm me if you are interested.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

I can get adjustable strut tops, assuming the 1200 are the same pcd as 510.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Im running bluebird 910 struts so they are bigger than 1200 ones. I want it to be hardish so it handles like a gocart
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

wal bought some 50mm sleeves when he was planning to use 910 struts, but he changed his mind. So if he still has them, they are prolly for sale.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

If you are considering going coilover, you should re-evaluate the available brake options, as there seems to be bigger and better brake options available, than the old 910 Brakes.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Autolign or Stocks have the Noltec kit that both me and Damo used and pretty easy to weld on and strut tops you can use whatever i used a cheap set of second hand suby ones that requird a bit of mod or you can by new custom ones from techno toy tuning in the states
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I've alnost finished doing gregs Brake conversion. Not usre what size wheels would be the min, but they still use the 910 struts.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Bartman wrote:I've alnost finished doing gregs Brake conversion. Not usre what size wheels would be the min, but they still use the 910 struts.
:D
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

actually, I've hit a major snag with them. Might be longer than I first thought................