SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Anyone know this 1600

Post by SRDATO »

Hi.

Anyone know who owned/built this 1600?
Has the plate FATSUN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Re: Anyone know this 1600

Post by broke »

Seen it on trademe a few times. I think this was the one with the red SSS interior that I want.
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

Yea new owners stripping it and putting it back to stock, ca18det motor setup is on trademe if anyones interested - Bolt in setup.

Im after info on the rear brake setup.
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Nick , Murray he is good to deal with no problems there as long as your prepared to pay the dollars.........

On a side note I have a chuckle everytime i see his SSS dash surround on trademe for $750 , I can find one complete with all the gauges via ebay cheaper let alone one with Missing bits and hacked up to fit aftermarket gauges. But hes out there to make a few bucks like everyone else.....

Regarding the rear brakes , Assuming you are going go to disc brakes aka r31 rears?
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

sr1600 wrote:Nick , Murray he is good to deal with no problems there as long as your prepared to pay the dollars.........

On a side note I have a chuckle everytime i see his SSS dash surround on trademe for $750 , I can find one complete with all the gauges via ebay cheaper let alone one with Missing bits and hacked up to fit aftermarket gauges. But hes out there to make a few bucks like everyone else.....

Regarding the rear brakes , Assuming you are going go to disc brakes aka r31 rears?
Hi Mark.

Ive been talking to Murray and planning to buy the rear Brake setup from it but he doesnt know any details on what parts have been used so trying to find some info on it.
Have you done it to your one? I have little knowledge on what I need to do to make the conversion myself so figured buying a completed one would be the easy way round it.
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Assuming its a R31 rear setup..........

All thats needed is r31 rear calipers including the brackets from a r31 (solid i think)
See Craig at Proparts in Napier for a new pair of disc's they are resonably cheap and not work mucking around with the old ones. (same as early silvia rears from memory)

The brackets need a little tickle up (find some pics on the net)
Basically enlarge the center hole slightly, weld/re-drill the mounting holes, then a little reshaping on the back to clear the swage on the rear arm.
For a man of your panel beating talent you will eat it in no time.

For the cables buy them from datsport, thought i could get them cheaper here but they were almost double............dont think ill get over that for a while.
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

sr1600 wrote:Assuming its a R31 rear setup..........

All thats needed is r31 rear calipers including the brackets from a r31 (solid i think)
See Craig at Proparts in Napier for a new pair of disc's they are resonably cheap and not work mucking around with the old ones. (same as early silvia rears from memory)

The brackets need a little tickle up (find some pics on the net)
Basically enlarge the center hole slightly, weld/re-drill the mounting holes, then a little reshaping on the back to clear the swage on the rear arm.
For a man of your panel beating talent you will eat it in no time.

For the cables buy them from datsport, thought i could get them cheaper here but they were almost double............dont think ill get over that for a while.

Haha touchy subject is it, Thanks for the info mate.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Putting it back to stock eh? In that case if it's the one with the red doorcards then those don't look stock at all and what's more they're totally ghey and he should fully sell them.. :poke:
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

I have a set of R31 rear brake calipers and the backing plates as mentioned by Mark that are for sale. I think you bought the heater fan off me a while back too.
The calipers and brackets $100.00plus freight.

Might be cheaper than what Murray will want and with a little time and brake lines and cables from Datsport you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
PM if you're interested.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'd leap at Chris' set up Nic.
I have the same stuff to go on the rear of mine one day too.
If you want any advise on it, I have a decent idea on how it's done.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............