dan1200sss ca18det datsun 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: VG and SR killer 510

Post by Bartman »

Kitch wrote:Looking good Dan - that 510 is going scare the shit out of the majority of cars on the road!, and anyone who is unlucky enough to get a ride in it once its run in too no doubt!

I went for a ride in this thing with a standy motor running 14psi and scared me good. (or was it Dan's driving?) I'll be thinking long and hard (or drinking long and hard!) before I ride in this car again!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

finally went and got some mandrel bent 3inch pipe to rangy up the turbo dump pipe , spent the afternoon fiddling around with it. happy enough with the outcome seeing its my first ever attempt and making one.

dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

not a bad effort man :thumbsup:
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

V nice. Greddy turbo's, mandrel bent dump pipe. glad you are doing it properly!
My orangatang 510 here.
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

Thanks :) yeah i decided to not skimp on my engine to much and use all top notch gear to try avoid having to redo things later. I tend to punish my cars fairly hard so it's prob for the best. Takes ages to save up for each overpriced part is the only downer. Allthough it'll
Be worth it hopefully. That wastegate is a genuine hks item, fairly good wee unit I must say.
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

cant wait to see this 510 in the flesh!!
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

im trying to get it ready for akaroa but im doubtful of whether it will be ready. it definately isnt a show car, its actually really quite ruggard in a lot of ways lol ( thats the way i like it tho :) )
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

It looks good man, welding looks fine, bit of header wrap and some heat paint and it will look pro as :D

Can't wait to see this car in person, I'm also busting my ass for akaroa hope to see you there with my VG

What External Waste gate have you gone with? I am keen to hear on what the quality is like as i need to buy one myself
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

Oh hey thanks man, yeah il be there regardless of wether the 510 is ready or not. yeah I think I will wrap it up when iv finished plumbing that gate in. Oh It's a 40mm genuine HKS external, 4bolt type, picked it up for 250 not long ago. Id recommend either tial or hks as they never seem to give issues and there common enough that other springs are easy enough to get hold of
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

oh heres something a bit off topic just to show you what else iv been sidetracked doing the last 9months on and off.
its a shell my mate rhys bought off kitch to replace his rolled shell. turned out to be fairly rusty after we had bare metaled the exterior,boot and engine bay. many hours of rust removal and patching went into her (free slave labour from me lol) and now its all jammed up in a nice DARK :) coat of charcoaly,blacky,goldy,silvery shiney goodness. photos taking today after its first wash (hence the droplets on it) hopefully have it mostly reassembled by the end of next week.

hard to tell it apart from gloss black in these shit phone photos but you get the idea